The Avengers

Movies with similar expectations? Phatom Menace? Lord of the Rings? The Dark Knight Rises…

Have my tickets booked for this Friday, just after my German Oral exam, so i’m super excited :cool:

I would be also. As you can see, she swallows.

Default Prophet threw this link to a great review of the film up on Twitter.
If you’re a Joss Whedon fan, and/or a Marvel fan, this read is going to thrill the hell out of you. No spoilers.

http://bit.ly/I9BB5E

Nice! I’ll also see it this Friday with some friends here in Munich. In English of course. Viel Glück für deine mündliche Prüfung und genieß danach den Film. :slight_smile:

Dirndl, Hofbräu Bier und genug Holz vor der Hüttn…nuuuur NICEEEEEEEEEE! :smiley:

I seen it last night. It’s awesome, I really enjoyed it. I might even go again. A non-spoilery word of advice, there is a mid credits scene. But if you’ve been watching all the lead up movies you should know this by now.

Thanks for the kind words about the exam xD It went grand, although not quite

This good.

As for the movie, ive now seen it twice (once with dad/sister, once with friends.) Its awesome, action packed, hilarious and so many other nice words. Every character shines, with Mark Ruffalo being a brilliant Hulk and Hawkeye/BW managing to justify their inclusion in the team brilliantly.

Exactly, it is situated like in Fast and the Furious 5, before the normal credits start to roll on the black screen.

Agreed, Mark Ruffalo brought some new aspects to Eric Bana. Am gonna see it a 2nd time in a few hours, which really says something since the only movies I saw twice before in the cinema was Revenge of the Sith and Iron Man 2.

Great to hear! Spending more money on a movie you’ve just seen is a hell of a good sign for those of us who haven’t seen it yet. FRAK YEAH! I cannot wait to see The Avengers on Sunday.

A very funny Avengers ‘Facebook Timeline’ :

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/bd38f41446/the-avengers-assemble-on-facebook

Warning, some minor spoilers!!!

Just saw it in 3D up at the Kino in Landstuhl. OH HELL YES!

Y’all are gonna love it!

“I have an army.”

“We have a Hulk.”

-Trey

Just got back from seeing it with thousands of screaming fans. So many people bought tickets for the 12:01 screening that they opened up SIX screens for the premiere! Lots of cosplay amongst the fans, the energy was high, and the screams and cheers loud. (my ears are still ringing) Geek synergy is a great drug. It has been a very long time since I was present at a midnight premiere (I think the last one I was at was T2). There simply hasn’t been a film that I cared this much about to bother with one before now, this one qualified. It was well worth the sleep I am going to lose, and the 20 minutes it took for me to fight my way out of the parking lot once it was over. No fights broke out, and no accidents though… Geeks rule!

Great action. Lots of Whedon humor. Good story, great dialog. The tension and momentum of the story slowly and relentlessly built and descended like an avalanche. The humor and priceless character interactions were what kept it from becoming overwhelming. The crowd, and myself went absolutely ape-shit during some of the scenes; they are phenomenal. I cannot share anything more than that right now, without spoiling things. So that is it for now.

Go and enjoy.

Holy crap. This movie was unbelievable. I can’t wait to see it again. So many memorable lines and moments. If you’re a fan of Joss Whedon, you can definitely see his influence in it.

Is there a spoiler thread? I need to geek out on this and only one guy at work even cares about seeing it.

Wheadon has quite honestly created ‘Nerdvana’! Avengers is quite simply the greatest ‘PURE’ comic book to big screen adaption ever! Watch out DC, you can’t ride off the the back of Nolan’s Batman trilogy forever (Dark Knight Returns being the near perfect movie it is)! Marvel have set a very high bar and its 10 year plan has come together in epic proportions…the futures bright the futures Whedon!

PS still totally psyched for the Dark Knight Rises (with its edgy dark ‘reality’ driven superhero world), let the battle commence and bring on July.

PPS All alternate views welcome and prepare for a FB Comments war…even the credits were brilliantly realised & conceived!

From your friendly neighbourhood Munch-Man!

@MunchieRulze

Just got back from Avengers and groceries and

[spoiler]Coulson = Wash

[/spoiler]

People who were worried about this being “Iron Man 3 Featuring The Avengers” were completely wrong. Everyone had at least one absolutely incredible moment. Even Black “Brought a gun to a godfight” Widow. And Hawkeye’s quiver is awesome.

It was OSSIM smothered in OSSIM sauce. And if you haven’t seen it…there are TWO extra scenes, one after the main production/cast credits and another at the very end of the credits. :smiley:

Went to the 1:00 show this afternoon in NYC with the crue here. Great time all around. Haven’t had this good a time in the theaters in years. I just have three words,

[SPOILER] Pfff, demi god[/SPOILER]:smiley:

P.S. Oh anyone got pizza?:stuck_out_tongue:

Crap. I thought the mid-credits one was it.

Of course, I’m planning on going again in a couple weeks when the crowds die down a bit.

Oh damn, I only knew about the first extra scene. I left after that one… I got a kick out of the fact that only about half of the audience could even figure out who the big baddie was, the younger fans have probably never even heard of him.

I was planning on seeing this again next week anyways, so now I know to sit through the credits. Thanks for the heads up Gryper (maybe you should name your spam-hammer after Thor’s) :smiley:

Thor: I care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother.
Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He’s adopted.

I understand the second credit scene was added for the US release. Not cool, we waited until the very end and got nothing.