Thank you GWC forum

I want to sincerely thank my fellow GWC forum members for creating such a fun, warm and positive atmosphere.

I state this as I have tried once again to leap back into the scifi.com forums and it has just left me feeling brutalized. You have to wonder about those people who spend their entire days attacking (not debating) people. It isn’t that the GWC forum is a group of fanbois who won’t accept any kind of contrary view, we are able to criticize the show where criticism is due. However it is always done constructively and without malice.

I come here and I have Larry, my Alpaca and you guys. Chuck, Audra and Sean were right to want to foster this community and give us a forum to fully realize the dialogue that was cramped in the blog.

My Mother always said to thank someone when they have done you a good turn…and that is why I wanted to start this thread. My sincerest thank you to all of you for your wit, creativity, insight and thoughtfulness. You remind me to leave my residual negativity at the door after I have once again tried to play in the firestorm of the scifi boards.

As Chuck would say…you are all awesome.

Thank you.

I’ll second that thanks to Sean, Audra & Chuck for our new playground. And thanks to you too Solai…and everyone else for contributing to the atmosphere here making it a great place to stop by and sit a spell.

Yah, this is the BEST forum experience I personally have ever had. And I have moderated on at least 5.

There are over 300 active members on this forum and, aside from the GWC3, there are no mods (and so far no need for them.) It’s downright weird.

knocks wood

Here here! You guys are the most pleasant bunch Ive conducted forum discussions with as well. Thanks to everyone!

Maybe it is just due to how many of us are teachers and/or parents of various sorts?

The other interesting thing about alpacas is that they spook pretty easily. When approaching one whether to feed by hand or just stop them to give them medication you have to move very gently and very softly. I note that, in many cases, that is the same approach quite a few of us take at this forum.

I totally 2nd that. I mean 3rd. Oh frak, now I gotta count 1,2,3, 4,5 6, 7…yes 7.
I seventh that notion. Seriously, it’s great to come here and find so much fun, wit and insight…and no malice or pettiness. Thanks GWC. And Thanks Chuck, Audra and Sean.

I’m relative newcomer to the forum, and I only really lurked in the pre-forum blog times.
But what an awesome group brought together by an interest in BSG, but drawn closer together by myriad of related shows, books, interests and so on.

Yes, thank you Audra, Chuck, and Sean. And thank you to everyone who contributes to GWC. I enjoy the podcasts so much, and the forum, (which was a great idea!), is a perfect addition. It’s something that I look forward to, every day. The recent live Razor frak party was a wonderful way of connecting during the show, and made watching the show so much more fun. It was like having a roomful of fans to share with.

I’ve also been trying to figure out why “we” have the continued luck to have escaped the usual torments of internet snipers and plain immaturity that permeates so many other sites. I don’t know if it’s just our age demographic, (and we’ve got some young folks too, who seem to be just as happy to engage in respectful, normal conversations just like us old geezers), the fact that we all seem to be semi/ or professional people for the most part, (but I’m sure that we’ve got plenty of other job descriptions in our midst, too), or just that God loves Alpacas. But it is a joy to log onto this site and scroll down to see who is online, and see the names of old and new friends, see a new member who’s just joined, and then start to read. I know that it’s going to be fun, and informative, and someone is going to make me laugh, and someone else is going to teach me something I’d never known, and someone else is going to make me think hard about an idea or opinion.
Knock on wood, indeed. We’re lucky to be a part of something special. And thanks again, Audra, Chuck, and Sean. You made this happen for all of us.

LET THE BELCHING AND FART NOISES BEGIN!!!:smiley:

In all seriousness, this blog and the 'casts are some major highlights in my week. Chuck, Audra, Sean - you guys really nailed it. Thank you thank you thank you

To all my fellow forum folk - thanks for making this just a great place to be day after day.

Peace out foo!!

Dave

Well I don’t know about the teachers or parents since I’m neither. But you’re right about the approaching of alpacas…of course this also applies to llamas and sheep. I grew up with the sheep as my parent have them…and now for the last few years a llama to guard the herd from coyotes. :slight_smile: Let me introduce you to Beau (he needs his incisors trimmed a bit).

I think we all take a soft approach on here to keep the environment just as it is. :slight_smile:

you are all welcome. i enjoy humoring all of you. :slight_smile:

I go on only two possibly three fourms regularly. This one and the view askew message board, the mabey would be dvxuser since I haven’t been in a while. Most of them are already to established to jump into or its to much of a free for all to be able to even get good solid answers about anything(such as IMDB) and so I can find few boards that would remotely resemble a community. The Bioware fourms are pretty cool as well. You don’t get to many people that just come there to get a reaction out of people by saying something shocking. Though, I hate the word troll, which is what most would call that. But, were doing pretty good to be only active for about 2 to 3 really solid months. Already got some posters in the 500’s and things like that. I think for a podcast message board we are awesome.

So say we all. :smiley:

My sentiments exactly.

Chuck, Audra, Sean, thanks for helping set up a place where we can all discuss anything we want with others like us. This place is really so much fun, and frankly I’m addicted to this forum.

thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Your devoted listener and forum lurker, me! b!

What Solai said.

Seriously though, I have been on a lot of forums, and this one may not be the largest, but it certainly has some of the nicest people around.

What Lucky said.

What Pike said.

…oh wait…did I just quote myself in the third person?

Guildenstern: Hesitation! Love… one.

So say we all! I don’t do a lot of forums for precisely the reasons everyone else is describing. It’s nice to stop in here every day, even if I don’t have much relevant to say (as has been the case a lot lately. Frakking hiatus!) just laugh at some funny stuff, talk pop culture or otherwise not have to be curmudgeonly online, even for a more casual sci-fi fan than most around here.