Terran Trade Authority Books

http://www.bisbos.com/rocketscience/tta/index.html

Hi all fellow GWC’ers

Thought I would drop this link, if any of you are my age, you may remember the Terran Trade Authority books on spaceships, these are pretty hard to find now and from what I have searched a bit on the pricy side.
The books were basically art, with a short story or ship tech specs, depending which book you had.
I only just found the site, but you do have some images from the books, and they have been rendered from the original artwork.
If you played to Homeworld game, you will recognize the style of the ships and their design.
This site brings back alot of memories of the late 70’s early 80’s for me.

Enjoy!

Heck yes I remember these! A friend at work even collects them, it was a bright day when we discovered our mutual interest in the series.

Some great stuff, my imagination as a kid was sparked by these.

Anyone remember a similarly styled book that ‘documented’ an interstellar cruise by the lucky winner of a contest? It was basically a collection of space art by different artists, each presented as the next stop. I must have checked that out at the library 3-4 times.

I had a set of 4 of them at one time but wound up selling them a while back.

And I had the book Thunderscreech is talking about too; I think it was just called “Tour of the Universe”. I’m not sure what happened to it. I had to dump a bunch of stuff about 10 years ago and I think it wound up in a goodwill drop then.

Ah yes, I had the first one. Great stuff.

Was the art for these comissioned for the book? Or was it art that had been used for other books/magazines already?

ETA: according to WikiP, mostly the latter.