Terminator Re-Watch

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Join Sean, Chuck and Audra for a re-watch of a truly genre-defining movie: The Terminator.

…can you imagine a time before the phrase, “I’ll be back” was part of the vernacular? Neither do I.

:stuck_out_tongue:

…it’s “me neither” dude, lest you get our German friend into English Teacher mode - ON… :eek:

…Voo-voo… voo-voo… By your command:D

Imagine? Remember.

Like the avatar update. Subtle.

Run Pike ! You’ve been targeted for termination !:eek:

Thanks CM, original post updated. I have done some reading on this subject and I find it very confusing. Looks like the general rule is simply never say, “Me either” even tho to me, “Me neither” just seems awkward. Oh well.

I’m with you buddy.

Thanks, I think you did a great job with yours as well. I always enjoyed the shots in the movie through the Terminator’s eyes.

Meh. I’ve avoided Sandmen for ten years now…

Unfortunately, the grammar gaffe lives on in the quote… :wink:

And saying “me neither” is acceptable - nor do I is more formal, but neither of them is wrong, it’s just a stylistic choice.

I haven’t seen any Terminator movies before…nor the TV show (which I probably would have watched if I’d seen the movies.) I am really looking forward to watching this now and I love how GWC is introducing me to loads of cool sci-fi. (Firefly, Animatrix and Terminator to name a few).

Expect me back on here in a few days with my comments…if I manage to find a copy of the movie.

As much as I love BSG as a TV series, I love the Terminator movies just as much. I must have seen T2 about 40 times since it came out when I was a kid. Weirdly it’s my “relaxation” movie if I don’t feel like thinking too hard, so I am really looking forward to these podcasts.

Welcome Michaela! Strangely enuff I get what you’re saying that an “Action” film can be relaxing, especially when it’s filmed beautifully. T2 is one of those movies. Cameron does a terrific job of framing and lighting shots. All that money helped also.

You’re trying express a negative, so use a negative word. Simple. :smiley:

You know, the first time I read that, I thot it said “grammar giraffe”. I took several minutes thinking “WTF is she talking about???” before realizing my mistake. I need a nap. :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have a grammar giraffe? I do.

I got mine at the National Grammar Rodeo.

Which, curiously, was held in Canada. But that’s another story.

Termintor trivia:

1. OJ Simpson was up for the Terminator role.

2. T2’s T-1000, actor Robert Patrick, is the brother of Filter frontman Robert Patrick.

Is that like a real life Pete and Pete scenario?

Thank you! You’re right about the money. I think the early scene with the chase between the big truck and John on his little scooter was one of the better set up parts visually - as you can tell I know nothing about film making terminology!

What are those concrete channels they were in - are they big drains?

Oddly enough, apparently this actually exists. Or at least Google thinks so.

Which is particularly ironic, since he didn’t get the role because Cameron didn’t think that “such a nice guy could be a ruthless killer”.

1. T2’s T-1000, actor Robert Patrick, is the brother of Filter frontman Robert Patrick.

Do you mean Richard Patrick?

They’re storm drains. Technically, they’re enormous gutters. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. As always, you have to go with what I mean, not what I actually say. “Hey man, nice catch.”

And they’re Cleveland guys, so they’re herby drafted as part of Team Ohio.

Best Terminator movie/series poll here.

Best Terminator machine here.

Best Terminator music here.