Terminator DVD Versions

I’m looking to buy the Terminator movies on DVD, the first two anyway but I’ll probably pick up the third for completeness. However there seems to be an ungodly number of version of each movie. Anyone know which are the best versions? I’d prefer Region 2 dvds, but I could deal with Region 1s if there is some ubercool special feature unavailible in Region 2. The descriptions provided don’t really give a whole lot of information on the differences.

Here’s a summary from play.com (my usual dvd supplier)

Terminator - Special Edition (2 Discs) - £5.99
The Terminator: The Definitive Edition - £6.99
Terminator: Ultimate Edition - £7.54 (£20 on amazon)

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Single Disc) - £5
Terminator 2: Ultimate DVD Edition (2 Discs)(5.1/DTS) - £10

For T2 there are a couple of R1 different version “Extreme edition” (which seems equivilent to the Utimate DVD Edition) and “Ultimate DVD Edit” (which also seems similar)

There are a couple of other collectible version but I won’t worry about them

At the moment I’m thinking going with the Termiator Definitive Edition and T2 Ulimate DVD Edition unless I’m given a reason not to. I don’t really want to spend more than £10 per movie and I certainly want to get the most from my money. Extended scenes and audio commentry being the most important special features I’m interested in.

Buying DVDs shouldn’t be this complicated. I wish the movie companies could agree on a nomenclature for DVD version. Ultimate is better than special right? But is definitive better than ultimate?

Wow, I have never come across all these versions in Australia. I have the basic editions on SD DVD but am going to wait to upgrade all of these when I eventuallly get blu-ray

I would have to say your looking at the right choices if the commentary is what your intersted in. I have the “Ultimate Edition” of T2…the extra stuff in the movie was surprisingly good as was the “Invision Commentary”.