Terminator 5

Looks like it’s gonna happen…WITH ARNOLD

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/arnold-schwarzenegger-is-back-as-terminator-fast-fives-justin-lin-to-direct/

Not sure how I feel about another movie, mostly cause of his age, not knocking him but still he ain’t a spring chicken. But dream of dreams maybe this draws enough hype to get a conclusion for tscc in a short mini series.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they give Arnold a Tron style cgi makeover. Jeff Bridges isn’t a spring chicken, either.

Naw…he’ll just have more cosmetic surgery before he starts filming it. :stuck_out_tongue: I think it’s a contest between him, Stallone and Norris to see who can look more plastic!

“I’m not competing, I’m not ripping off my shirt and trying to sell the body.But when I stand in front of the mirror and really look, I wonder: What the fuck happened here? Jesus Christ. What a beating!” -the Terminator :eyebrow:

I’m not sure I can get behind an AH-nold Terminator. True Lies? Sure, with my blessing. Terminator? Terminators don’t age AH-nold. Slight problem. Even with surgery it doesn’t make sense.

Yeah Arnie is showing his age ( aren’t we all?).

Of course fitting him into the story line is the writer’s job. I suppose they could:

(1) Maybe have an ‘aged’ version of the T so that he can infiltrate the humans better
(2) have him play the human (scientist?) who was the prototype used to create the first T, and is now desperate to help fight the rise of the machines
(3) total CGI with his voice over
(4) Anime this flick (there I said it)
(5) body doubles … lots of them
(6) lots of leather coats/pants to hide the age, and blow his face off early so more metal, less Arnie

either way it will be hopefully more interesting than 3 or 4. Those were … wanting … imho

A true Lies sequel would pretty much rock - especially since Eliza Dushku played his kid in the first one…she could very easily take over

Hells yeah to both of these. There were one or two books that came out a fwe years ago that supported #2

#4 would just rock

(2) have him play the human (scientist?) who was the prototype used to create the first T, and is now desperate to help fight the rise of the machines

Obvious, but I like it.

(5) body doubles … lots of them

This is more likely…

(6) lots of leather coats/pants to hide the age, and blow his face off early so more metal, less Arnie

Combined with this.

on the body doubles, there would need to be many for the various pieces that make up a complete Arnie.

Which spawns the thought exercise of these body doubles’ future resumes.

“I was Arnold’s pec double”
“I was Arnold’s left thigh double”
“I was Arnold buttisimo double”

good work if you can get it I suppose.

Here’s hoping the have congressional hearings to prohibit anybody else involved with T3 or T4 from having any-frakking-thing to do with this one.

maybe it’s gonna be Arnold’s head but on Summer Glau’s body. You know, like if the head of the T-800 fell off, and they reattached it to Cameron’s body.

take that, sex drive!

maybe it’s gonna be Arnold’s head but on Summer Glau’s body. You know, like if the head of the T-800 fell off, and they reattached it to Cameron’s body.

That sounds hot except for the part about Arnold’s head.

Summer + Glau + Arnold + Head

I don’t see any potential dirty jokes. None. Not a one. :oops:

There was a deleted scene on the SE DVD that briefly showed Arnold as a scientist at the Skynet facility.

While I certainly believe that Terminator 2 was fine conclusion to the story, I did enjoy what 3 tried to do and I loved what Salvation was doing. I see no reason why Salvation, TSCC and anything else they want to add couldn’t exist side by side thanks to the clever plot device that is time travel. What I saw in Salvation was a way to continue the mythos while at the same time expanding the universe and since I didn’t see TSCC until after it had been cancelled, I found it to be much the same just formatted for television. Is McG a hack? Sure he is but I was impressed by the special effects and I loved seeing the War with the Machines firsthand for once.

That being said, basically I just hope that whomever is writing this at least considers that some people did enjoy the last two films and tries not to completely piss all over them.

Justin Lin talks T5

“I’ve talked to Arnold and I feel like there’s a take that I’m excited about, a Terminator movie there that I’ve always wanted to see and I still haven’t seen”.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/05/04/terminator-5-justin-lin-arnold-schwarzenegger-interview/