Terminator 4: Salvation, Screen Cap Gallery. SPOILERS!!!

These are screen caps of the upcoming terminator 4 movie, which has now been dubbed “Terminator Salvation”. These images are taken from io9. A few of images may hints at some plot lines, hence the spoiler warning. What I wrote down for each of these pictures are just my guesses as to what the image might mean. They could be wildly wrong. Enjoy:

John Connor, played by Christian Bale:

Young Kyle Reese (WTF?), played by Anton Yelchin:

People riding Mad-Max style battle jeep, which is cool:

Or people riding akira style motorcycles, which is also cool:

Long corridor in some kind of a bunker thingy:

Looks like 888s, plugged into their ipod dock or something:

Sam Worthington’s character, Marcus, who’s supposed to be some kind of crazy huge dude, who escapes from some kind of Skynet experimentation facility:

And, as such, John Connor doesn’t trust him, so he tied him up. Either that, or they are S&M buddies. Today’s safe word is “banana”:

Some kind of a human storage facility?:

… where walls have spikes on them?:

… where there are many parts lying around, like a minigun?:

… which can only lead to an inevitable A-Team style escape attempt:

Hello, 888:

Moon Bloodgood, reportedly plays Marcus’s love interest. Here, seen out on a nightly jog with Kyle Reese:

Oh, noez, John Connor got a cramp in his foot:

Humanity’s last hope - invisible ET:

Preggers? Someone’s Preggers?

Maybe this chick is?

Employees much wash hands:

Now, this is clearly a bad place. Is that the Marcus dude?

Big-ass machine to warm Sean’s heart. I think this one is called a harvester. I assume it’s used to harvest humans. Why are they harvesting humans?

What? This movie will completely invalidate Sarah Conner Chronicles’ timeline? Noooooooooo!

(Source: io9)

Those aren’t people on the motorcycles. The ‘motorcycles’ are terminators (or hunter/killers, or whatever.)

Well, that just makes it so much cooler, doesn’t it? I am actually excited by this movie.

If you’re going to grow skin and flesh for the cyborgs, you’re going to need some starter medium. Just like making yogurt. :smiley:

So… the skin and flesh that is placed over the machine structure, they are harvest from humans? Or grown from material harvest from humans? Eww.

(Mmm… yogurt…)

Random notes…

I’d be seriously torn between not being born and letting that Kyle Reese bone my mom. First reaction is I’d rather let a giant-size Terminator (model 8888?) have her.

The spikes cage reminds me of the 1960s Batman movie: “Steel spikes… painted rubber!”

The motorcycle jump is totally Great Escape. Maybe at the end, instead of that ludicrous twist I read about, instead they’ll wind up returning John Connor to his cell, where he’ll start bouncing a baseball against the wall and catching it. Maybe the thing’s an escape movie like Great Escape… or Finding Nemo…

Road Warrior homage is nice, but c’mon. Terminator ain’t no homage-fest. Not too much, anyway.

If this version doesn’t work out, they should reboot with Daniel Craig as John.

…so then John Connor decided to go find this Giaus Baltar himself.

Gizmodo ran a Terminator Salvation photochop contest. These are my favorite entries:

lol at the star wars one.

That’s a mighty blue sky for a post apocalyptic world :frowning:

not a radioactive cloud in that nuclear winter sky.

Apparently, in the case of most disaster scenarios, the sky would remain blue. Grim novelist Cormac McCarthy, who does an assload of top-notch research and hangs with scientists, addressed that issue when discussing his postapocalyptic book The Road (moving coming soon, starring Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron). He went with the perpetual blackened sky for artistic purposes, cuz it looks way cooler. And in the case of T4, I think it definitely suffers for having got it right.

ps. Tigh, the GWC Boob Shot of the Day is in the Franke Potente-Julie Delpy Deatmatch Poll.

Do you remember where you saw that? A friend of mine did effects work on that movie.

It’s from a (really good) December 27, 2007 Rolling Stone article, “Cormac McCarthy’s Apocolypse”: Reprinted on author David Kusher’s website, davidkushner.com:

http://74.220.215.94/~davidkus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:cormac-mccarthys-apocalypse-&catid=35:articles&Itemid=54

"[A scientist] let his friend [McCarthy] off the hook for the novel’s intentional inaccuracies. “Instead of having gray skies that look like Beijing, it would actually be blue skies, like this,” Erwin tells me one afternoon, as he motions outside his window to the hills rolling down toward Santa Fe. “There would also be a lot more ferns. But because of what he was trying to achieve, he had to take some artistic license.”

Did your friend work on T4 or The Road?

He worked on The Road. Set dressing was apparently… interesting.

The book is, like, the bleakest thing ever. Ever. Ever. I want to see the movie, but I don’t know if I ever will, cuz it’s not exactly entertaining subject matter.