Team Pants vs. Team No Pants?

Keep in mind: This is Geek Deathmatch. So it isn’t just about hotness or which team you’re on.

Definitely Team Pants. Have you ever tried to run when not wearing pants? Maybe it’s just me, but it’s like trying to start a fire. I’m pretty sure even Amazons stubble up.

It hurts me to vote for Team Pants in that I am definitely in the No Pants Camp IRL. In fact, this:

was my background at work for over a month… even after my boss made fun of me.

And yet, Wonder Woman’s new look is totally hot. I vote Team Pants.

I’m not sure about that. Can a Golem grow hair?

C’mon, let’s give the woman a chance to put on some clothes.
Oh, wait. A short jacket? What, are we rebooting her series in the 80’s? Can we vote yes on pants and no on the bedazzled half jacket?

Anyways, yes I like pants.

Can’t we just compromise and put her in invisible pants?

They match the plane. :slight_smile:

The revolution shall be pantsless!!!

Viva la revolucion

The short jacket is certainly kind of dated-looking, yes. As far as pants go, I just feel like such an empowered woman shouldn’t save the world wearing briefs and a bustier. Seems awfully sexist, even for comics.

Technically, empowerment doesn’t dictate what she will wear, it just means she’s empowered to make it her choice. So if she WANTS to save the world in her underwear, she is free to do that.

However since this comic art and not real life, I agree it’s probably a male artist drawing a leggy heroine for mostly male readers and therefore the underwear costume feels sexist.

Ian: They’re not gonna release the album… because they have decided that the cover is sexist.
Nigel: Well, so what? What’s wrong with bein’ sexy?
Ian: Sexist, Nigel. Sex-IST.
(from This is Spinal Tap)

~Gord

Some problems solve themselves. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok…

What’s the story behind that?

And, will they make a film about it?

No Pants wins every time!

Except at work.

Where they’re fascists who have never heard of human rights.

Thank you. I have a new desktop image.

Apparently it was commissioned.

WW vs WW by Al Rio

No doubt because JMS is leaving the Wonder Woman comic.

enpowered or not, i don’t want my super hero wearing pantsuits, ever. don’t really dig the biker chick look either…

and for a superhero that drives a ridiculous invisible plane, i think she should make a statement and continue her theme by wear invisible outfits. Maybe some invisible armor 12 inches thick, just to trick her enemies into thinking she is vulnerable.

Huh. Thanks.

I do think Wonder Woman’s costume needs updating. But, maybe the change was too fast/drastic for fans? Maybe if they left off the jacket? Or, gave her shorts first? Or, made the change gradually instead of all at once?

Having said that, when they changed the look of Superman (in the comics after his death), I was in an uproar too. I was semi-ok with giving him long hair (it grew while he unconscious), but leave the costume alone!

Maybe it just depends how much we like or follow the comic? But, how come there’s less of of uproar when Batman or Iron Man change their suits?

I think it’s that Bats and Iron Man both look less human in their suits than Superman or Wonder Woman. I think that makes a difference in how comfortable we are with their look changing somewhat drastically. Their gear is also more tech-driven, so I think change feels more comfortable for readers and fans.

I am surprised we are still talking about this! I love the new look. I had hoped that real WW fans (I have to admit that I’m not a devotee) would adjust to the look. If WW were more badass and less old fashioned, she might really see a renaissance.

I’m only surprised we let the conversation lapse.

Producers of the Wonder Woman TV show cast their vote for Team Pants:

RT @io9 First Wonder Woman costume photo will make your eyes bleed http://io9.com/5783478/