#TabletopDay participation?

Kind of after the fact, but was wondering if other folks observed the Geek and Sundry holiday Saturday of “Table Top Day”?

use the Google for details.

Personally I engaged my ancient nemesis remotely using:

Avalon Hills “Starship Troopers” 1976
VASSAL Module
Webex account and conference line
Deep seated gaming rivalry ( from Hell’s heart I stab at thee … Tim)
Fermented hops and yeast

Scenario: Operation Royalty

After action: my Mobile Infantry captured a bug brain and made it to the boat. Bastard then spent remainder of time trying to off my PL counter ( KIA ) dragged to retrieval beacon.

OB

Pollygray and I headed to Piratz Tavern in downtown Silver Spring Maryland. Which is exactly how you’d think it’d be lol. Ended up playing Martian Flux, Scifi Munchkin, and a game of team Magic. They apparently have monthly game days last Sunday of the month and well probably head back next month

I played Cyclades with some friends, it was pretty cool.

I was planning on going to something, but I decided that catching up on sleep was more important on Saturday.

My wife and I like to play Gauntlet of Fools. Simple game, but makes for quick rounds that we can sneak in during our busy schedules.

Sweet! I’m sooo into a tabletop gaming phase right now! The past 3 weeks I’ve bought Bruno Faidutti’s “Letters of Marque” and his “Citadels”, Rory’s Story Cubes, Nuts and Star Fluxx.

Now to find people to play with …

PS I’ve seen board game tv & movie tie-ins for every geek movie conceivable! There’s Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, BSG, Star Wars (has toy replica ships too!), Star Trek (card deck building game).

Conversely, I’ve seen fan-fiction tie-ins based on board games as well.

Seriously, has anyone tried out “A few acres of snow”? It seems awesome!