TABLE TOP == Wil Weaton and Boardgames! (April 2nd)

See linkage to read WW details.

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2012/03/this-is-my-new-show-tabletop.html

//youtu.be/kVKQ3VgGN3o

Geeks and Sundry!

muahahahahaahaha!

I heard about this! I’ll definitely be watching this. Right up my alley.

I already have Geek and Sundry bookmarked. The new season of The Guild will be released here in mid-April!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it seems Felicia Day also drops some “Table Top” knowledge over at the Nerdist’s Podcast ==> “Making It”.

Enjoy at your peril.

OB

Yup. I just listened that one. A good …All About Felicia Day interview.

Love to see this You Tube Channel idea becoming a whole new thing.

Nerdist is doing it, Felicia Day is doing it. EVERYONE IS DOING IT!!

Episode 1 … fun fun :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/X9QtdiRJYro

OB

I love this show makes me want to go out and get a board game and call some friends over

yup, agreed.

I wasn’t sure how well it would play (pun) as a reality television format, but it is surprisingly well put together.

There seems a good edit/mix of side conversations, graphic overlay and rules interpretation that doesn’t slow down the program and engages the viewer.

The “pay-off” winner declaration as well as the “wrap up” resolve very well.

I look forward to following episodes, partly for the games and invited personalities but mostly for that “beer and pretzels and games” dynamic.

OB

Loved the first ep. Can’t wait for Catan.

and it seems a rusty old news outlet (CNN) sort of takes note.

CNN “Celeb Geeks (Nerdist, Felicia, Weaton etc.) use Youtube” article. <------ linkage

I wonder if they (CNN) realize that this is possibly like they are spotting “The Iceberg” on the deck of “The Titanic” :slight_smile:

OB

Episode 2 is up … with Settlers, Wheat jokes and Fargo!

//youtu.be/o3WJTlDa7oo

OB

Watched it. Loved it. Jane Espenson!!! Woot!

I wouldn’t say that Settlers is high on my list of fav games, but I do end up playing it once a year-ish.
I prefer games with more nice battling and war and stuff.

We also play with so many expansions added that I hardly recognize the version they’re playing on Table Top.

All that said, loved watching this. And love the concept of the show.

Be sure to watch the Extended commentaries videos too (one of each of the non-Wil-Wheaton players).

Is there anyway to know which game they have scheduled for this Friday?

//youtu.be/NMtlQxJeWvc

smaller … faster … better :slight_smile:

OB

This is such a great show. I hope Wil continues to do it for a long time. I’m always stoked to see what games will be next.

Sheriff Carter!!!

//youtu.be/qHmf1bau9xQ

ticket is an awesome game!

OB

I haven’t had time to watch all the eps but luckily did watch a random one where they played the 3 shorter games.

And man, I really want to play all those games now.

Really neat and excellent idea for a webseries.

//youtu.be/Jh4nSpV2n4k

Oh my.

OB