T:SCC rewatch discussion

I am rewatching T:SCC.

question for you guys…

Did you think that in the episode “earthlings are welcome” that “Eileen” looks ANYTHING like a man. I understand that the actess is about as masculine as one can be and still look like woman… but she still looks completely like a woman! Not great casting… although the actress is a good actress.

Also…

The Terminator wiki… states that in this episode Riley and jesse apartly have a sexualy relationship. And that she was seduced sexualy. I don’t really see where that comes from. I recognize that Riley wants to stay with her… but they don’t appear sexual in ANY of the flashbacks… and her request could just as easily be explained as platonic…

How say you?

1. Any demographic progress in TV usually comes in baby steps. Not saying it’s right, but that’s how it happens. Apparently – and the networks can very well be wrong here – audiences could be uncomfortable with a man-turned-woman who looks like a man that has transgendered. The casting seems like a half-assed measure to me.

2. RE: Riley and Kendra Shaw, I think the Terminator Wiki entry is reading into it a little much. I’m not saying that’s the final answer. But I read the bed scene as strictly comforting, like a big sister or mom comforting a teen who’s all shook up.