Swedish Day of Waffles

Remember that March 25th is the swedish Day of Waffles. A national holiday that should be an international one.

Total Waffle!

Waffles for everyone!

a whole day dedicated to waffles and the eating of waffles that’s awesome. Onward to waffles! Waffles ho!

Waffles are second only to french toast in my heart. And it’s a very close second.

Do we have to wait until the 25th? I could go for some waffles right now.

Naw. It’s not like I stop being Irish on the 18th of March.

Waffles!!!

Hmm I love waffles. It’s about time they get equal recognition with pancakes.

And lo, the day came when Waffles were recognized for their nom nom goodness…and throughout the land there was celebration…and fingers with maple syrup stickiness…

Thank you for reminding us of this important holiday. I will definitely be celebrating!

I thought I would provide some additional information about the quirkiness of swedes.

”In Sweden, tradition holds that on March 25, one eats waffles. In Swedish, ‘Our Lady’ translates to ‘Vår Fru’. This has later been contracted into ‘Vårfru’, and then, through language drift, into ‘våffel’, the Swedish word for waffle.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Day)

Tomorrow I will post a few receipes.

Onward to våffels!

Swedish style waffle eating now added to the GWC Cookbook.

Had to work on the 25th, but I’m here to say that I had some great home made waffles Sunday morning in honor of Waffle Day. Mine had strawberries and whipped cream as well! Mmmmmm…

Made waffles on Friday. They lasted all through the weekend :slight_smile:

Been having waffles for breakfast for the past few days. Now I have this craving: waffles with bananas, waffles w/strawberries, waffles w/blueberries, w/kiwis. Every morning I’ve been choosing a different fruit. Let’s see, for tomorrow…?

Glad to hear that this important cultural touchstone was successful and full of waffley deliciousness!

I don’t know if y’all have the A&W chain at your end, but their waffles are legendary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is that time of year again. Go forth and eat waffles (recipes: http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?3101-Galactica-Watercooler-Cook-Book&p=354875&viewfull=1#post354875)