Suggestion For New Poll

Hi everyone, have a new poll idea want to offer for consideration. How about some idea how us BSG fans feel about this country’s (USA) upcoming election. I mean are BSG fans more likely to like Hillary since we’ve had a taste of a woman pres? I mean i like Roslin and like her ethics, though not sure about all the sneakiness. Sincerly JohnnyRock

It is funny…I am not sure how I feel about this. Politics has a way of dividing people in a “special hell” sort of way. And yet, there isn’t a group of people I would trust more than this group.

Uncertain.

I’m with Solai–highly ambivalent. We’ve had to banish all political discussion in my family as we have very diverse opinions and cannot seem to keep it civil. I’d hate to see anything like that happen here (though we tend here to be far more respectful of others’ opinions than many of my kin can be). I’ve heard far too many people (in and out of my family) utter the words: “I don’t know how you can be a ___________ (insert democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, etc.) and call yourself a Christian.” For some reason, that seems to be the litmus. Anyhow, like I said, ambivalent.

Pretty much how I feel, but leaning towards “Not worth it.”

I have to say, I appreciate that JohnnyRock (Welcome, BTW) thought to put out feelers on the topic before making it a poll.

As long as there is a “none of the above, they all stink” option.

i.e., “Baltar”

That would work.

yeah, because the last time “baltar” was an option in a presidential election, it went so well :slight_smile:

I’m going to vote for Solai’s Voice anyway. That’s what will unite the nation, the hemisphere, the world, the galaxy and the 12 cylons. So say we all!!

Solai’s Voice for President?

at least it would stop me cringing at the state of the union address

I might have trouble concentrating, though

Thanks for welcome, agreeing with all, taboo subjects among friends are money and politics for sure. Upcoming USA election could be a first for us, if the one definite guy in race loses. which was my main observation (trying to tactfully avoid offense) JR