Stargate Universe Trailer

Why can’t SyFy play more than one new series at once?

http://io9.com/5491327/new-stargate-universe-trailer-upgrades-us-from-the-old-asgard-aliens

It seems nobody told them that to build a network people want to watch you need quality programming. Im so glad we are getting some aliens in the second half! If they could do a 180 from how the season started this could actually be a good show.

ooo…i heard there’s a lesbian couple in this show… that’s hawt! We haven’t seen one since Buffy

The dark arts of Hollywood accounting, the cooking of books, and the seeking of tax breaks is why.

Read J. Michael Straczynski of B5 fame and Rob Long who helmed Cheers at the end as they both talk about the shenanigans that go on with Hollywood financials.

At the end of what?

I’m guessing he means the end of the show, Rob Long was co-executive producer when Cheers ended.

Well will be interesting to see if they can improve, I think I’ll give them a few more episodes chance.

The problem with a character drama is if you don’t make the characters interesting or at leased worth caring about you don’t have anything left. All those silly little whiny people every single one of them agreed to go off into space did they not realise that the universe is a dangerous place and bad things could happen?

Also think the inclusion of mind transfer device who’s name I can’t remember was a bad move both plot wise and from a character perspective, having a direct phone line home undermines the concept and having people all comfy at home being able to meddle seems a really bad idea. On a side note I must say if it were me meddling sleeping with wife officer guy would be waking up in his own body about two seconds before the explosion of a grenade in his pocket.

sigh…

well i know i’m pretty much alone here but this is the absolute opposite of how I would like to see the series go. I mean SG1 and atlantis were fun; but this was different and to me in a really good way. It’s not about guns and aliens, but about people stranded on a ship in the middle of the ocean trying to survive.

but we’ll see soon after all its just a trailer.

With BSG gone, did the devious buggers at Syfy move over to making trailers for SGU? That trailer could be an utter mind frak…

As I kept saying at work yesterday: “I’ve got fried green brain cells”

My apologies for confusion caused. Rob Long was one of the co-executive producers at the end of Cheers.