Stargate Reboot

Roland Emmerich, one of the creators of the original Stargate movie, wants to do a remake of the original movie into a new trilogy, a reboot with all new actors. He pitched the idea to MGM, who currently holds the rights to the franchise, as a sequel but as a reboot. Sequel AND Reboot? I don’t know if that means including the original storyline or not.

He says this every year or so. He even did when the shows were on TV, so I wouldn’t put too much faith in it. Plus, everything I’ve heard says he’ll ignore the over 99% of the franchise that he had nothing to do with if it ever happens.

As for being a sequel and a reboot, I’m guessing something like them pulling the gate out of storage in approximately modern times because of finding a different address. That would basically restart the series with all new characters, but still have nods to his original movie.

uh… hmmm…

I still wish there were more episodes of Stargate: Universe (the only one I watched when it was on TV). I must be stuck in 2011 or something :stuck_out_tongue:

So long as Baal doesn’t come back from hundreds of years in the future and destroy Chulak with red matter or something dumb like that. :smiley:

I’m still stuck with the knowledge that something is fundamentally wrong with the Universe and a sleeping crew in an ever aging and dysfunctional Destiny is our only hope. What a cliff hanger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hear, hear !! SG Universe is my favorite. I think I’ve watched the 2 seasons through at least 7x. And I’m still not quite sure what it is that keeps drawing me to it.