Stargate Legos ... Sort Of

A while back, Gateworld posted an article about Stargate-themed sets of off-brand Legos. A few days ago, I saw someone on their forum say they found them at a Family Dollar store, so I decided to go take a look and came home with two sets

I already put together the F-302. You can definitely tell that Best-Lock doesn’t have as good of quality control as Lego, because some of the pieces were tough to get to fit together, and one still even had a bit of extra plastic on it. Despite that, it still looks cool

Next is the Jaffa outpost set, which appears to include both a Stargate and a DHD.

Unfortunately, the Daedalus set appears to only be in Sears Canada at this point

Those are pretty sweet, and I like the price point :slight_smile:

I laughed at “Works with other brands.” on the box. I wonder… what other brands could these possibly work with? :oops:

Finished the gate and DHD from the Jaffa Outpost set, though when I took these pictures, I realized I accidentally used some Death Glider pieces on the gate.

Bit disappointed with the DHD. The top part just sits on top of the rest as opposed to locking in. The slightest bump knocks it off its place.

The gate is awesome though (with the small exception of the chevrons being positioned as if there would be eight, not nine). The inner ring actually spins (though not easily) and there is a paper insert I can pop in there to show the puddle.

And now I’m done with the Death Glider.

Overall, these were pretty cool. A few quality control issues and a missing piece, but not as bad as I was afraid they’d be. My favorite part is probably the Gate itself.

You have spurned me to go to a couple local Family Dollar stores to see if I can find these. :smiley:

Very nice, it’s probably good they are not carried in the UK or I’d end up buying 'em:D