Stargate Forum

Any chance of adding a Stargate forum to the General Discussion category?

Starsaber, generally speaking the way we have managed new forums has been pretty straightforward: If a consensus has built up over time, usually measured by number of threads on a subject we will create a new forum for it. A quick search shows me that besides the Frak party threads we have less than 10 threads about Stargate which indicates we haven’t reached a critical mass.

However, there are no rules here. If you have a compelling argument that we should create a Stargate forum please present it. You are amongst friends here, no worries at all. :slight_smile:

How about because the podcast has done a multi-week arc on the topic, and there’s a new series upcoming that has sparked a lot of interest? :stuck_out_tongue:

Especially since they’ve said they will be doing more Stargate arcs in the future.

Badger, it is not the case that we create a forum for each arc subject. That would quickly make the forum an unruly giant. There is no Matrix forum, or Will Smith forum…

I know my opinion is only worth 2 cents (if that), but if a new sub-forum is made for every new sci series, the forums would become a mess. That said, I think Stargate is a popular, old, and at the same time current and new thanks to SGU, enough series that a Stargate sub-forum may be worth having.

I am all for a stargate forum

Point taken, Solai. And supported.
I will say that since the arc started I’ve started watching Stargate every day, and am really enjoying it. I’d use a Stargate Forum at this point simply because with every episode I watch I want to jump onto the podcast 185 or 186 threads and say “Wow, cool, I just saw…!” but I also don’t want to clog up the works.

Happy to wait awhile though and see if others get into it too. Still shaking my head and wondering how I missed this series!! Thanks again GWC.

Ok guys, gals, GR…

…I’ll make a Stargate forum with the same old caveat: if it falls into disuse the threads will be migrated into “Other Scifi” and the forum closed.

Yay! Now I have a reason to watch SGU even though I don’t think I’ll be impressed. d: