Stargate Atlantis Rising Frak Party (101 & 102

This was the introduction of the newer wormhole effect. Before this, they used pieces of the one from the movie. After this, they used color-changed variations of this one for every series.

Love Daniel trying to convince Jack to let him change series. And the Ford gag with the wormhole.

good news…the ancient motion sensors still work.

Nice touch with sending the champagne through the gate. kind of like the kleenex box he sent to Daniel in the pilot.

Notice that the lights came on as soon as John came through the wormhole.

Looks like you’re a bit ahead of me, but I’ve seen this enough times that it’s not a big deal.

They’re even pushing BLUs through the gate. (The production crew called the big server racks like the ones in Sam’s lab “Blinky Light Units”)

And that’s the table from Disclosure in Season 6 (though I associate it more with Atlantis).

Huh, that door for Weir’s office wasn’t around for long.

“Oh, obviously.”

Huh. that looks very much NOT pitch black.

At least they had a good justification for power going out shortly after they arrived.

“Using power… Using power… Using power.” Nice.

And love how they made it clear they weren’t going to bother with the chevron encoded bit on this show.

It isn’t even quite “TV pitch black”

And there’s Chris Heyerdahl in his least imposing role in the franchise.

Dang, I should have used that “I’m from a galaxy far far away” line in the opening post.

And Teyla in her first really bad wig. Took them a while to figure out her hair.

pause please…

You’d think Sumner would be a bit more receptive to listening to natives.

You’re a few minutes ahead. Where did your episode end?

OK I’m back.

Nice touch with the Athosians having some residual tech. Too bad they kind of dropped that after the first couple episodes.

with Teyla sensing the wraith in the woods. I’ve just finished the opening credits for part 2.