Star Wars, with pizza rolls

Red Letter Media takes on Star Wars, The Phantom Menace. Starting here:

//youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI

I’m glad to see this catching on. I actually watched all 7 parts and a couple parts of his Star Trek reviews. He’s also done a fake sitcom called The Grabowskis. I recommend the hardware store episode. Very weird, but funny.

Okay, I dissed on this guy pretty harshly when he released his Star Trek reviews. Since we don’t usually engage in hating here at the GWC, I thought his attitude was a poor one, even if I myself didn’t like most of the NextGen movies. But after posting a rant about him (which I will not link to), I then watched the rest of his reviews like an addict and laughed my guts out for a good hour or two.

Now I just watched part one of his Phantom Menace review over at The Watcher, and I’m completely won over. Even if you liked the prequels, you have to check this out. It’s comedy gold just for his pronunciation of “proto-ganist” alone.

Thanks for the bump! I knew I posted it here before it went totally viral, but I couldn’t remember what I called it.

Yeah, that one is more weird than funny IMHO. That said, he’s a definite talent, so it’s worth subscribing to his channel on youtube.

I watched the whole Phantom Menace review again last night. This is pure genius. Pretty sure you hooked me up when I first watched it…a year ago? Two years? Holy crap we have been hanging out for a long time. Star Trek: Nemesis is another great one he did.

I think most of the stuff with this narrator/character is this year (off the top of my head.)

But yeah, we’ve been hanging out too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re starting to look a lot alike.

I just watched all 7 parts. Awesome…before this, I just didn’t like the prequels, but now I actually understand why I didn’t like them! :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome way to put it.

For me it was a lot of niggling details that I wasn’t sure would make sense if I spent more time than I cared to figuring out (like the whole Trade Federation Blockade.) Turns out, that even if you put the time in, they don’t make any more sense.

I never thought I’d sit down for a 70 minute review of The Phantom Menace, but this held me. Awesome.

I recently stumbled onto redlettermedia’s reviews and think they are great. I came to the forum to pass it on to the GWC community and was pleased to see a post about it already. Great stuff!

Attack of the Clones Deconstructed!

Part 1:

//youtu.be/CfBhi6qqFLA

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8 ?
Part 9 !?

(It’s a movie about a movie.)

Oh sheesh. I’ll have to watch those soon. Thanks.

like most of us - not into the hate bash

but this guy is funny…and spot on at times…

Yeah, I get the whole ‘no haters’ attitude, but I also value criticism that’s insightful. This guy has truckloads. George should hire him.

We will take him when we have the whole Time Travel thing worked out.

This videos are like listening to my subconscious. It sums up so well what we were all feeling while watching the films, well at least what our ego was saying while our Id was trying to use telekinesis to choke George Lucas. The Super-ego just took a nap.

He’s not a hater. This level of analysis and understanding comes from the heart of a true fan, the kind that will tell the truth about something they love even when it is unknind.

Well said. Thank you.

Some of the people who posts comments are haters. I posted a polite differing opinion and was rated down.

OK, highlights:

Part 1.
The dropping of the puzzle pieces.
The whole “And he was a good friend” explanation.
Love the whole Proahtaginist scene with ‘The Last Starfighter’ and the Star Trek “Hey wait a minute that looks familiar” moment.

Part 2.
When Darth Maul shows up and there are all the Jedis waiting for him including the Star Wars kid.
Sometims a cigar is just a giant vagina in the desert that swallows men whole.
The split-screen of Dexter and George.

Part 3.
The “Hey wait, isn’t she dead?” I never noticed that!!
“Why would someone who is a shapeshifter and disguise themselves need a disguise?”

Part 4.
“It’s what they call a CONTRADICTION!!”
“Edwards-style Baby!”
“I can’t decide if this is the worst case of screenwriting ever or Amidala is the biggest tease since Anij”
The whole What Women Want bit.

Part 5.
What Padme is thinking when she is packing for Naboo.
“If a woman says, ‘You’re making me uncomfortable.’ That’s usually not a good sign.”
“Carrying her luggage,”

Part 6.
Three Men and a Little Lady
“Samuel Jackson is miscast as the most boringist character ever.”
The Abe Lincoln quote at the end…

Part 7.
“Like everything you use too much it becomes boring, except cocaine.”
“Everybody’s got a lightsaber.”
“Yeah I know they try to do more advanced stuff first like throw rocks at each other.”
“Or that twirp.”
Nostalgia imagery. Thank you.
The whole “Afterall these films are for kids.”

Part 8.
Telling McCallum to Shut UP!!
“Oh! I’m referencing the Phantom Menace as a positive movie influence!”

Part 9.
“My computers are better than yours.”
“So subtle you may not have noticed…but your brain did.”
Yoda’s reaction while Lucas talks.