Star Wars vs Star Trek....now it's personal???

I like the fact that actors from both sides are chirping in and jabbing at each other, I find this highly awesome…I like them both equally, but there was something to the dirty raw reality of the first 3 Star Wars movies for me…and Han Solo cooler then Kirk…not by much…but this should make for a good debate here :smiley:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f1a61369-780d-4522-b1a1-888492561923

Not. At. All.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kirk and all…but since Shatner’s evoloved into this walking parody of himself he’s lost points over the years, and Solo has a bad-ass factor to him that Kirk could NEVER have in a squeaky-clean Trek universe…

The Trek Universe did not become squeaky clean until the TNG makeover, and once Roddenberry was out of the picture it thankfully became grittier and less Utopian; especially in DS9. And Enterprise was refreshingly non-Utopian, and its Vulcans were far more interesting…

Really comparing apples and oranges, though. Solo is just that. Solo. Kirk has a crew and a starship. He is a commander, a leader. Solo is just a rogue. Solo would crumble under the pressure and stress that Kirk handled. Kirk would have no problem running around in the Falcon with Chewie.

So where does coming back to chase off Vader and the two TIE fighters and then leading the assault on Endor in RotJ show Solo crumbling under pressure?

Both were similar types that just had a different set of cards dealt to them in life…

He’s trolling you Talos… :smiley:

Agreed, as long as one wasn’t trying to give the other orders, they’d probably be drinking buddies.

If you want to compare, Kirk is more like Admiral Ackbar leading all the Rebels against the Empire. Han is an Away mission Red Shirt.

As I mentioned earlier, they are dissimilar. But I believe the initial proposal had to do with coolness. That often comes down to who’d you’d want to be. As much as Han’s life as a laid-back-make-your-own-rules lifestyle is appealing, I think I prefer the challenges of being the best Starship Captain in Starfleet.

Alright. I finally got around to reading the article.

So, Carrie Fisher’s tongue is placed firmly in cheek but Shatner’s isn’t. Man, I tell ya. This is obviously a biased article. Oh. What a shock?!? It’s on MSN.

Comparing Star Trek and Star Wars is like comparing Pizza and Cheeseburgers. Some parts are really good for you and some parts not so much.

Personally, I think Carrie and Bill are having a great time with each other. Maybe they’ll do a viral video duet duel. Holy frak! How OSSIM would that be? Somebody. Anybody. Call their agents.

Is that F.Talos sitting there in the corner, fingers in ears and rocking backwards and forwards in the foetal position…?:stuck_out_tongue:

Only kiddin’ talos…FWIW I agree with you.
Solo is a smuggler who fell into the rebel alliance by accident.
Kirk is a bonafide CAPTAIN.

gaf

That’s my thinking posture.

I got to go with Kirk on this one

Kirk had his uniform strategically tear off during episodes, long before it became a cliche
Kirk invented the universal “shoulder roll”
Kirk (Shatner) perfected the extended dramatic … pause.

but mostly I’ll go with Kirk cause he “made the sex” … often … which is good.

don’t get me wrong. I love me some Han Solo, but Kirk wins by a nose.

“May the force be with you.”

OB

P.S. Now actor-wize … Ford > Shatner … no comparison there.

See I’m the other way, it IS close, but I like Solo’s bad-ass-ness a bit more, and maybe unfairly I think the actor factors in too for me

Ford could have easily done Kirk…could Shatner have done Solo?? That’s an interesting thought

The whole Star Wars vs. Star Trek debate always seems silly to me. Star Wars and Star Trek are not very much alike. So many people are fans of both, I would say there are probably more fans of both than exclusively of one or the other. It just seems like an invented rivalry by people that don’t really understand either.

I understand that Shatner and Carrie Fisher are probably not all that serious about this, and I love hearing from both of them, but that is just my 2 cents.

That is the absolute point of it. Or at least how I read it. It is totally silliness done by the sillyist silly people. Pure Gold.

true … true … the questions that don’t have any answers :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/Ienv1rBZFyc

OB

Leave it to Sulu to put this old feud into proper perspective!!! :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/mvTCr5Z-0lA

OK. Mr. Takei, all prior transgressions are forgiven.

Bill. Carrie. Give it up. It’s getting old quick.

Now, if you were to do a singing battle duet. That might be fun.

While Kirk slept with way more girls, Star Wars’s one girl is way more iconic than any from Star Trek… The Leia to Trek girl cosplay facter favors Star Wars, and since Han got that one girl, I have to say he might be a little cooler.