Star Wars Kinect

For those of you who follow me on twitter you would have been bombarded this week by inane commentary from the Microsoft TechEd Australia conference last week (I’m sorry). On the Thursday night we had the big conference party and there was an area dedicated to the Microsoft Kinect. I won a Kinect a while back and played it for about 2 hours and then packed it away, never to be seen again so I was keen to see if there were any good games available yet.

They had Star Wars Kinect.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (Seanscream)
It was only a demo so it had a couple of minutes of actual gameplay. The same as this video in fact:

//youtu.be/GIiN0Tdzgsc

Silly though this may look (and sound), waving your empty hands around to pick up battle droids and ditch them at each other is intensely satisfying. The left hand controls force abilities and the right hand your lightsaber. You can jump, kick, dodge (left and right), dash (lean forward), deflect blaster shots (sweep lightsaber back and forward) and just generally cut enemies to ribbons. I played through twice (and was tempted to go again but the party was winding down). Oh and multiplayer. Two of you side by side, whipping droids into scrap metal. SO. MUCH. FUN.
Sadly I did not get any photos of the stormtroopers who were wandering around playing. (I did see them play some kind of dancing Kinect game though which was hilarious).

I’m trying to contain my enthusiasm because if I tell my kids about it they won’t stop bugging me until it is released.
If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick this up :slight_smile: