Star Wars Frak Party

I think this a great idea, but would recommend we save it for the hiatus between S4 and S4.5. I know our DVD’s are all the latest with the add-ons- we no longer have a VCR but I think the fun will be there no matter what version folks are watching. I think too we should have a “When I first saw Star Wars…” thread. That will probably make me feel old, since it was 1977 and I remember it clear as yesterday… actually, I remember it better than yesterday.

Wow, I guess I was premature in calling this thread dead.

So how about the first sunday during the hiatus at 4:00Pm eastern time? Would that work? We can always shift it to whenever.

I think I’ll be moving then, but I’ll check it out if I can.

Sounds like a plan and hopefully not a cylon plan. It’s subject to change, of course, but not borrowed from someone else. Oh what am I saying?

I’ll be there.:smiley: And may the Force be with you.

Ill be there…which day is this?

A bump for this thread.

To answer your question boxy, this upcoming Sunday, apparently. I will be up for it (even if it turns out to be just me) but what I need to know is what everyone wants to start with? Personally, I would rather start with “A New Hope,” but since the crew is now doing a podcast arc in the order of 1-6, it might be better to start with “The Phantom Menace.”

Thots?

I’m in. Hehe, I always watch the saga at least twice a year.

1-6 sounds good. We were talking in another thread about combos of viewing order. I think this order would be fun…

4-1-5-2-6-3 or the reverse 1-4-2-5-3-6

It would be interesting to watch considering the parallels between both trilogies.

I agree. I would have liked to start with “A New Hope” also. As you mentioned the Trinity are going to start with Phantom so I think it’s best we start there to be consistent. What time were you thinking?

This is what I was thinking. If it doesn’t work for some folk, let me know, and we can change it!

The Phantom Menace Frak party—22 June 2008(Sunday)
4:00Pm Eastern time zone.

3:00Pm Central time zone.

2:00Pm Mountain time zone.

1:00Pm pacific Time zone

12:00 Alaska

10:00Am Hawaii

Sounds good to me. You could even push it back an hour if that is better for everyone.

coincidentally i’m watching all 6 straight through tomorrow with some friends who’ve never done the deed (it will be my second time), so i’ll be all prepped for some discussion.

Isn’t that like twelve hours!? Damn, my hat (if I was wearing one) is off to ya. That is some dedication.

Same here. I tried it once and couldn’t make it. I handle 1-3 in a sitting then 4-6

yep, 12 hours not counting breaks. just got back from it, so i feel ready for the upcoming podcast discussions. it surprisingly seemed shorter the second time around.

I know it’s like sitting through all three Extended LOTR movies. Kudos to anyone that has managed that feat. Again I tried that one and failed.

i actually did that before doing Star Wars the first time. it is about 14 hours long (only 3 movies!!!), but it’s very fulfilling if you can make it.

I didn’t do all 3 extended versions, but I did skip a final exam with a prof’s blessing to go to the Trilogy Tuesday event when RotK came out. We started Fellowship extended ed at 11 a.m. and finished Return of the King studio release around 1 a.m. the next day- though there were 2 30m breaks. It was pretty awesome.

I am looking forward to the full SW rewatch because I really never have gotten anything out of I or II (so much so that I haven’t seen III) and it’s always made me sad, considering how much I love IV-VI. I know that if GWC is involved, though, I’ll find something to like.

I can has rewatch?

Well, I’m a little busy with packing for a big move to make it to an official frak party, but I’ll come by and comment as I re-watch these things. I suggest we take on reading Philosopher Jedi’s “Star Wars and Philosophy” book as well, so as not to get TOO MST3K on these films.