Star Wars Expanded universe dead

Am I the only person that thinks that 95% of the Expanded universe novels that I read…well were terrible, IMHO.

Am I the only one that is kinda glad that it’s dead?

While you may not be the only one, I disagree and would be sad if the new movies decide to kill the EU. It had rich stories and character development and enriched the Star Wars universe.

There are some that were terrible, but the ones that were good were great.

Suggested reading:

The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command)
X-wing series by Michael Stackpole (Rogue Squadron, Wedge’s Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War) & Aaron Allston (Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command)

There are some other great ones, but this is a good start.

I know that some stuff from the EU is going to be lost, and I don’t have a problem with that. I just hope they keep anything that doesn’t directly contradict what they’re trying to do in the movie.

I’ll add the Darth Bane series by Drew Karpyshyn.

Too many Star Wars books involve the further adventures of the ORIG trilogy. I loved Death Troopers UNTIL Han and Chewie show up.

I have to agree with the Timothy Zahn comment. I went into these expecting a pile of poo, and ended up not being able to put them down. Really great. Anyone know if JJ is going to tap these novels for the new films?

Durzo

Highly unlikely. I’m hoping to at least get some references, but Disney has said that none of the post-ROTJ stuff is canon. They might draw elements from them but we probably won’t know until the movie comes out.

Thrawn stuff was good couldn’t make it through the new Jedi order stuff. That’s where there was the pain aliens from another galaxy books. so yeah I got off the boat there so your not alone