Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 5/26

I gave the talospuppy a hamburger and she is now passed out.

Happy tummy for the talospuppy.

When Wicket arrives:

E, “Look!! He’s like a teddy bear!!”

“I told you to remain on the command ship.”

Even the Emperor knows. Pimpin’ ain’t easy.

E, “It’s an army of stuffed animals.”

“My mistake. It’s an old friend of mine.”

giggle

Artoo zaps the Ewok.

E, giggle

Not very good at telling stories. Threepio either got a software upgrade or he was just being modest when he met Luke on Tatooine.

“You don’t know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.”

“The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now.”

For me, this was the crux of the prequels. It needed to reveal this and help the audience understand. IMO, that’s where it failed.

The Rebel fleet preparing for hyperspace.

E, “That looks animated.”

Me, “It’s all models.”

E, “Really?”

I get the feeling that all the stormtrooper guards were bored. That’s why they all jumped at the chance to chase the Ewok.

“You’ll no longer need those click Guards, leave us.”

Palpy is just showing off.

One of my favorite line deliveries:

“No, I’m afraid you are mistaken about a great, many things.”

Another one, “Oh, I’m afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.”

Love that. So condescending.

“Strike me down with it.”

Um, is that really a good plan, Palpy?

“You. Like your father are now mine.”

Um, wait. When did that happen? I didn’t sign anything yet? I didn’t even drink the Kool-aid yet!

I still don’t understand how Luke could be turned to the Dark Side by defending himself. Even if he attacks Vader…it’s a very Puritan morality tale. You can turn easily. Make one mistake and you are damned.

So, this is exactly what everyone has been telling Luke. Kill Vader. Defeat Vader. Then he gets there and it’s his entrance to the Dark Side. So many conflicting messages. It’s no wonder these Jedi and Sith are so messed up. Hey guys. You got superpowers. Stop being dicks.

Young fool. Only now at the end do you understand.

Um, wait. Whut?

I musta missed something. What does Luke understand?

“Now. Young Skywalker. You will die.” evil grin

Love that.

“You were right about me. Tell your sister. You were right.”

I went to Catholic school as a young talos. I remember learning about the sacraments and accepting Catholicism. I asked in class once, “So, I could do all this bad stuff and then accept Catholicism on my death bed and I’m forgiven?” The answer, “Yes.” That confused the frak out of me. I continued to ask the question as I got older and older. The answers were always interesting. I remember a Jesuit telling me, “God will not be mocked. He knows your heart.” Another time a nun told me, “God’s forgiveness is not human forgiveness.”

I have no doubt Luke forgives his father but what about the rest of the galaxy?