Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 5/25 @ 7PM ET

It has been my experience as an engineer that sometimes hitting a thing does make it work.

Not that anyone is reading this but I am working on a rewrite of my rewrite of the Star Wars prequels. I will post soon. I’m thinking of doing it in segments of 5 minutes of film a week. So there should be 24 parts, for Episode I anyway.

Great soundtrack moments.

1. Imperial March
  2. Asteroid Chase

Love Vader’s frustration. He’s surrounded by incompetence.

Looking at this from an office politics situation. Vader scares the crap out of everyone. They can’t possibly perform since they live in fear for their life. I see this in my own office. Everyone is afraid of being laid-off that they can’t perform to the best of their ability filled with anxiety.

This scene with Yoda is 33 years old and it still doesn’t look cheesy. You believe that Yoda is real.

“Hey! You’re worship.”

You know. Folks get on Kirk’s case the way he is with women but no one gives Solo any issue.

Why does Artoo get stuck out in the rain?

That’s racist!!

Carbon chauvinism.

“I’m not afraid.”

“You will be. You will be.”

There was supposed to be a scene where Vader takes over Luke’s mind and they battle in space. They couldn’t possibly do it in the 80’s. But this was the scary thing Yoda was talking about. As you grow in the Force it starts to open you up to new stuff.

“Is the Dark Side stronger?”

“No. Quicker. Easier.”

Yoda answers a little too quick there.

There is a definite prejudice against the Dark Side.

“Consume you it will.”

That I can see. It changes who you are or who you want to be.

“Sir, the odds of attacking a Star Destroyer are…”

“Shut up!!”

Aw, thanks Leia. Now, we’ll never know.

Love Yoda’s speech about the Force. It’s so mysterious. None of this midiwhutevers.

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

“If you leave now, help them you could but you would destroy all that they have fought and suffered.”

That’s friggin heavy. So much rests on Luke.

My wife just mimic Billy Dee, “Hello. Who do we have here?”

Smooth Operator.

Lando comments, “You’re are beautiful. You belong among us in the clouds.”

Leia replies, “Thank you.”

My wife says, “Thank you, dirt bag.”

Hehe

“I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it any further.”

Wife, “Dang. He is screwing Lando left and right.”

Me, “Thank you for that image.”

Reel 6 begins. Luke and Vader battle.

OK. Show of hands. How many folks think that Imperial captured by Lando and Lobot lives once Vader finds out?

As Vader uses the Force to hit Luke with stuff:

My wife, “Oh. Sucker punched him.”

talosdaughter_1, “Luke should have went to Ancestry.com.”

When Vader cuts off Luke’s arm:

Wife, “Oh SNAP!!”