Star Wars Ep.5: The Empire Strikes Back

Leading into our post-BSG-4.0 Star Wars podcast arc, we’re asking that everyone take a little time out sometime in the next few weeks to pull out their copies of the Star Wars movies and give 'em a re-watch.

Feel free to discuss here, and don’t be afraid to call in your Star Wars audio comments any time – we’ll queue 'em up for use in the appropriate podcast during the arc.

“I am your father!” One of the best lines in cinema history!

It was powerful on so many levels. Our hero is the offspring of evil. The lines draw between good and evil became blurred. Could you kill your own father to save the universe? Can we escape or change destiny?

talos!! again with the spoilers! when will you learn?

and of course, Empire introduced us to this guy

well, maybe not exactly this guy

I’m buying a bulldozer. I’ve got alot of rocks to move.

Remembering the great asteroid field chase…“You’re not going into an asteroid field”…“They’d be crazy to follow us.” LOL…the Falcon vs. the Empire’s Star Destroyers and Tie’s…the crazy loop de loops and corkscrews Han put his ship through ! And the beautiful “turn onto your side” move through the narrow crevasse, resulting in the demise of some more Imperial pilots ! And the final gag, as the Falcon blasts out of that “cave”…“This is no cave”…frakking brilliant.

Best. Star Wars. Movie. Ever.

Period. :slight_smile:

Ok I’ll actually be here this time, Everyone’s welcome!!!

The frak party will begin at:

4:00Pm Eastern time zone.

3:00Pm Central time zone.

2:00Pm Mountain time zone.

1:00Pm pacific Time zone

12:00 Alaska

10:00Am Hawaii

See You There

Nice that the parties are stickies. :slight_smile:

i’m a noob…what day? i didn’t see a date :frowning:

Sunday just like last week. :slight_smile:

ya sorry 4got to post that.

Damn, I’ve got a job interview at 3. Ah well, priorities … plus if I get this job I could upgrade to 7.1 DTS :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall be there.

Hey peoples… I’ll be late if I can make it at all today… a friend is unexpectedly in town, and this means that I get to hang out with her… and go to a pool for the first time all summer. :cool: But I’ll check in when I get back :smiley: have fun!!

lol i rushed to the computer. then i saw we had it at 4. :smiley:

I will be there. This is my second favorite movie right after Jedi. I know, I am probably the only person out there who likes Jedi more than Empire.

heck no. i like Jedi

Jedi used to be my fav. when I was younger. I’ve come to appreciate Empire more over the years.

I had always thought that Empire was the weakest of the three, because it had no big space battle and it was only when I came to GWC that I realized how many people appreciated this movie for its darker qualitites.

Well, plus the characters became deeper, we learned much more about them, and Empire also really expanded the story.