Star Wars 3D

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/09/28/star-wars-saga-in-3d-will-start-in-theaters-in-2012/?_r=true

Gasp face

Ack! I can see it now - Cheewie shoots first. ‘sigh’

Noooooooooo!

mentioned this earlier in the Random News thread…
…and i still feel a little unsure about it

Sorry George, but I won’t be seeing any of these.

I think George has enough of my money…I’ll be skipping these when they come out. And George…quit frakkin with the original trilogy.

Han Shot First

Meh. Any way to see Star Wars on the big screen is OK with me. Has there been any word on which of the many, many, many, many, versions of the original movies they will use? I am guessing there will be yet another version…

At this point i’ll wait for the Bluray 3d release. That is after I hit the lotto and buy my yacht.:smiley:

Waaaaaa I can’t wait to see Star Wars on the big screen again! Don’t care what format, I just want to see it all giant with big booming surround sound and surrounded by like two hundred other happy fans. 3D podrace, trench runs, and lightsaber fights is just a potential plus. (Says the person with four different versions of the OT alone.)

It does bring to mind the delightful thought of re-experiencing the very first Star Destroyer reveal in IV in 3D!

C’mon there would be a lot of other scenes that I’d love to see converted too! This could be very good.

That’s why I’m pumped! When they re-released it years ago as the new “special edition,” the only one I didn’t go see at least five times was Jedi. It’s a totally different experience, and for a lot of people, it’ll be their first time ever getting to see it in the theaters.

Heck yeah! Lando escaping the exploding Death Star in episode VI. The giant battle opening Episode III. Hoth. Come on. HOTH. I’m all in for this, and I don’t even care how it’s ‘bastardized.’ Here’s my $60 to see all six, George.

By the time, they’re released $60 will be the matinee price.

For each film. :o

…people have prostituted themselves out for less noble causes. I’m just sayin’.

Yay. Headaches and jealousy. I have no problems with the concept, and in fact I think it’s worthy. I just wish I could enjoy it.

I am also one of the people that has multiple sets of the saga on VHS, DVD, and of course I will be getting the blu-rays as soon as they come out. Thinking about it now, Phantom Menace was the last VHS I bought. What I am looking forward to is taking my kids to the theatre to see these. It is awesome that they will get the chance to do that. Despite any issues with the “tweeking,” Mr. Lucas, you had me at A Long Time Ago…

What worries me is that they will playing them in 1,2,3,4,5,6 order. No one is going to go watch Phantom Menance, and based on those ticket sales they are going to determine if they are going to move forward with the next movies.

I am excited for Star Wars on the big screen. The more I think about scenes the more it makes sense. For example in 3D these will be awesome:

1. Star Destroyer chase intro
  2. Luke training with the floating laser ball
  3. That shot of the X-wing fighter flying right at the screen in the Death Star battle

Any others come to mind?

Darth Vader force pulling the pistol from Han’s hand. (Ok, maybe a little cheesy.)
Endor space battle.
Death Star(s) exploding.

What do you mean, no one is going to watch TPM? I’m going to watch it as many times as my budget allows. I found my ticket scrapbook the other day from where I saved all my movie ticket stubs up until I moved from college to Houston, and had to smile when I saw my five TPM stubs (not seen: the sixth I have framed from the first showing I went to), three AOTC stubs, and four RotS stubs. People my age are gonna go see it. People younger than me are gonna go see it because it was the first they saw in theaters, never having seen the SE OT. People WAAAY younger than me are gonna beg their parents to go see it because the prequels were the first Star Wars movies they ever saw.

Scenes I’m looking forward to in 3D:
-Opening shot of Revenge of the Sith
-Opening shot of A New Hope
-Any lightsaber battle
-Death Star explosions part 1 and 2
-Space!depth charge in AotC
-Anything in an asteroid field
-Anything involving space combat
-The final voyage of the Executor in RotJ
-The chase through the Death Star 2.0 in RotJ
-All of Hoth, even though it’s my least favorite level in any X-wing-related game
-Podracing
-Gungans coming out of the swamp (what? It was my first glimpse of the PT! Nothing can ever take that away from me.)
-Alderaan blowing up
-EVERYTHING LET ME HAVE IT RIGHT NOW RIGHT FRAKKING NOW AAAAAAUGH

okay so my rant… i’ve given enough money to Lucas, i bought dvds and vhs books, and audiobooks so dammit i’m just about done,

it’ll have to be something spectacular to get me to spend more… cause crapy 3d wont cut it…

Endor Speeder Bike Chase (especially in first person shots)
Battle of Endor plus flying into the Death Star II superstructure
and the scenes that sithwitch mentioned