Star Trek: Voyager 3x4 The Swarm

And again, we have the theme that we/they are not to be constrained by their “programs.” Very utopian and at times, quite a subversive idea :slight_smile:

Comparatively to the previous episode, this is a Doctor episode. ‘The Chute’ was a Harry Kim episode. TBH, Ensign Kim was a very weak character and a prototype for most of the cast in Enterprise. In a word, Dull. As you’ve probably noticed in this episode, the Doctor is able to hold a room’s attention. You don’t mind that he is the only person onscreen or that the story revolves around him. He’s interesting and his thot processes is interesting as well.

The Doctor is like Forrest Gump…

The alien’s makeup makes me think of a sad basset hound…

Robert Picardo believed The Doctor’s condition in this episode was analogous to Alzheimer’s Disease

That scene where the Doctor didn’t recognize Kes reminded me so much of my later interactions with my late grandmother. :frowning:

Life is like a photonic recreation.

And when my Father had a brain tumor…

“I am just a diagnostic tool.” He go the ‘tool’ part right… :smiley:

Yeah. Talk about being human. I guess we’re not the only frail creatures in the universe.

They are attaching like leeches… eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Unintelligible leeches! We don’t even know WHY they’re leaching!? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

The show ain’t over until the EMH sings! :smiley:

I think it’s a nice way to tie the episode together. Well structured, well acted. Makes up for the previous one that, while well-acted, wasn’t so great on the structure/story side

Thanks for joining me, 'talos and Omra! I’m quite excited for next week - season 5 opener of DS9 (swoon!) and another Voyager ep :smiley:

I always liked the Doctor, and I esspecially liked the ones with both the Doctor and Seven. Their explorations of humanity were always entertaining and interesting…

Good Night all, and thanx for the frak…

(Sisko backhands Worf across the face)
“Are you questioning the validity of my plan?!”
“Very convincing, captain. But was it your intention to challenge me to a battle to the death?”
“No, not at all.”
“Then next time, do not strike me with the back of your hand. Use your fist.”

• Worf and Sisko