Star Trek: Voyager 3x26 Scorpion Part I

Star Trek: Voyager
Tuesday, 29 October 2013
11 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is fu…”

This was a good one!

BOOOORRRRRRGGGG! (my partner says: that sounds scary!)

DaVinci! Fun times.

“All invention is but an extension of the body of man” (cough, humanity)

Ah, Borg. Good times.

“comrades in arms… but the truth is I’m alone
You’re not alone, Katherine.”

Species 8472!!

Just because Kes said you’re going to die doesn’t mean you are actually going to die.

Downloading the enemy’s tactical database is always a good idea.

The. weak. will. perish.

we don’t assimilate, we investigate

Great scene with Janeway and Chakotay here

cliffhanger!

Both Kate Mulgrew and Joe Menosky noticed that, by this point in the third season, the character of Janeway and the persona of the actress playing her were seeming to gravitate more towards one another and that this development appeared to be benefiting the portrayal of the Starfleet captain. Menosky commented, “In ‘Scorpion Part I’ [Janeway] was becoming a little more risk taking, and edgy, and frankly, a little bit more like Kate Mulgrew. I’ve always said, even Jeri Taylor used to always say, ‘if Captain Janeway were only more like Kate, we would have a much better captain on our hands.’ For whatever reason, our writing and Kate’s kind of freewheeling personality seemed to come together a bit more, at the end of the [third] season.” Mulgrew herself remarked that, particularly “towards the end of the season,” she made some “very important breakthroughs” with becoming “much more relaxed and more allied with Janeway”.

I am a fan of Janeway!