Star Trek: Voyager 2x26 Basics, Part I

Star Trek: Voyager
Tuesday, 2 April 2013
11 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“This is outrageous!”

Brad Dourif. Always creepy. :eek:

The end of season 2! Only one more season of Kes!

No getting rid of the sociopath :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of babies, how are yours doing, Janeway? Oh. Right. :rolleyes:

NOT the best command move, Janeway. I know, I know, dramatic expediency. But still. Even Chakotay said to go along their path just now

I guess that for May 1996 Star Trek was all about the babies

Child born of rape. Lots of ethical dilemmas tonight.

For some reason this tactical session is really annoying me. Like, they’re bad at these tactics. Sigh.

Janeway actress Kate Mulgrew criticized this episode’s story, feeling that – compared to how the episode turned out – it should have been more action-oriented and the Voyager crew should have been portrayed as more cautious. “‘Basics, Part I’ should have been bup-bup, bup-bup, bup-bup, bup-bup,” Mulgrew said, imitating a fast heartbeat. “We should have known what was happening. We’re Starfleet officers. There should have been more control on our part, especially from the captain’s point of view.” Tuvok actor Tim Russ added, “We had to do some changes on the set to make that work as well as it did.”

I guess it’s just not me

I can’t say I really remember this episode. I know I’ve seen it, but it definitely didn’t leave a mark on my memory.

“I remember seeing that pride in your eyes when you pounded me with your fists!”

Oh my. /Takei :eek:

For me it’s like all of the Kazon pieces run together and I struggle to remember any sense of what happened when

There is also the matter of not caring about the Kazon at all since the series began.

the memory issue may be a consequence of that

For example, for some reason I have in my head that the ambush attack from earlier on was the last encounter with the Kazon… whoops no.

And since when are the Kazon loyal enough for suicide bombing?

Risking the entire ship to save one baby that may not even be in danger seems like a really stupid idea.

Kirk never would have done this.

I like how the Alpha Quadrant women are notorious for being strong and opinionated.

Well, that’s a wrap on season 2 :slight_smile: thanks for watching with me, Badger!