Star Trek: Voyager 2x21 Deadlock

Lieutenant Torres… and Lieutenant Torres.

I think this duplicate ship story is done quite well so far.

Transporters are such a part of normal life for them, though. I can’t imagine that fetal transport wouldn’t be the norm, not the exception. It has to be so much safer than the primitive options we rely on.

Right. But I think it’s in Enterprise? There are people freaking out about transporters and existing but not existing and OMG so maybe it would be controversial. Even though if it is actually what it is presented as it would be best for health to transport (though I wonder what effect it has on the mother’s body). hey, OB/GYN talk lol

ew vidiians

But Enterprise is like 200 years before this. Would we still use the medical technology of the 19th century?

People might have similar reservations, is what I was thinking.

So the Harry we know for the rest of the series is an out-of-phase copy? Oh, the existentialism! :eek:

who’s to say who’s the copy? :groucho:

and it’s not just Harry: it’s also baby Wildman.

But could you imagine? That thought is going to be on his mind for the rest of his life.

AND THEY NEVER MENTION IT AGAIN???

She’s a baby. She might not even know.

Evidently it comes up in stuff outside the show itself

The events of this episode play a role in the Star Trek: Voyager - String Theory trilogy, where a Nacene infiltrates Voyager by altering the crew’s memories and posing as Janeway’s sister. Due to Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman being slightly out-of-sync with the rest of the crew (as is established in this episode), they are immune to the intruder’s tampering, and can thus perceive the Nacene for what she really is.

This is one of my favorite early-ish Voyager episodes. I think it’s engaging and dramatic in ways that most of the other early episodes just aren’t.

Interesting. Still, it might have been an interesting character thing to play up.

Still can’t believe I’ve never seen it before.

Thanks for joining me tonight.

Well, now you have seen it. Win for Badger!
And the same :slight_smile: