Star Trek: Voyager 2x19 Lifesigns

Star Trek: Voyager
Tuesday, 5 February 2013
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

“Romance is not a malfunction.”

And here we go!

Oh, a Vidiian. Uf. Those must have been fun for costuming and makeup - they can look like any patchwork of things!

gigaquads!

(I can’t help but imagine the Doctor and Doc Brown staring eachother down)

Vidiians are less grotesque without their grafts, etc.

“I never thought I’d see myself again”
There are intriguing implications for understandings of identity… makes me think of interpellation (in Althusser’s sense)

Sorry I’m late. Time check?

I’m 13 minutes in, the Doctor is explaining to Holo-Denara the procedure he is doing on bio-Denara.

seeing other people is a threat to public health… yeah, mass isolation makes for great societal function

o hai traitor

Just reached this point.

I don’t remember ever seeing this episode before, so ill catch up on the next one. :slight_smile:

LOL Kes looking at the Doctor with his declaration of “romantic attraction.” oh, Doctor.

I can stop and wait if you’d like.

“Mr. Paris, I assume you have a lot of experience being rejected by women”
oh, amusing.

“parking”
oh, my!

LOL he got her one of everything! IT’S NEVER ENOUGH!

Robert Picardo was unaware, during this episode’s production, that the writers intended for The Doctor to have an unseen sexual experience with Denara Pel in the holographic Martian environment.

oooooooh, my!

c’mon, Doctor, don’t blame Kes. Denara obviously did this herself.

I’m amazed that the Vidiians reproduce at all, given that it seems like almost all their energy is spent trying to deal with the Phage.

It’s OK. I’m not really contributing. I’m totally drawn into this. Can’t believe I haven’t seen it before.

Some biological urges can’t be overcome, I suppose.

That last scene of them dancing together is quite touching.

I have to admit the B/C stories (Tom’s insubordination and the traitor thing) are just… they felt out of place. But the Doctor/Denara storyline is big enough to eclipse them :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, right? It’s quite a good episode, IMO.