“They’re Solids, Odo – you must remember that.”
“I know…but they still mean something to me!”
“The Link means more.”
“That’s what I keep telling myself…but somehow I can’t quite believe it!”

Away I go!

Epic battle-time!

that’s a lot of ships and laser beams

Dukat, tell us how you really feel

Dukat and Weyoun chatting is so disturbing.

Ugh, the hubris of the dictator.

I really dislike the Female Changeling this re-watch through the series.

ooh, neat! no wonder it looks vaguely more modern:

This episode contains the largest battle ever seen in Star Trek, topping “The Way of the Warrior”, which itself had topped “The Die is Cast”. It is also the first Star Trek episode where CGI is used exclusively.

Klingons to the rescue!!

stop poking it, it’s very delicate!

(my thought was: you’ll make it fall!)

Quark really does have a quite marvelous character arc in this show

Garak’s question to O’Brien was funny, nice moment of levity

Ah, yes, the Prophets.

When this show aired, there were some criticisms of it having a deus ex machina ending, something which infuriated Ira Steven Behr; “I felt it was the perfect next step in the evolution of the relationship between Sisko and the Prophets that began in the pilot. Hearing people refer to it as some dopey deus ex machina is really annoying because I would think they’d give us more credit for being on the ball. We didn’t have to end it like that, we chose to end it like that. Because we wanted to say that there was something going on here. And ultimately, that would lead to our finding out that Sisko is part-Prophet. They wouldn’t have done this for just anyone. This was the man going out into the wilderness and demanding God to interfere, to do something for crying out loud. The corporeal characters had done so much in the episode; surely they’d earned the help of the gods.”

No giving up on corporeal existence, then, for the Sisko.

Sisko is totally guilt-tripping the Prophets. If you’re going to be gods, be gods!

The title definitely refers to Ziyal, but who else: Sisko’s other “fate”? You need more than one to be plural

And Dukat doesn’t take losing well

And Dukat loses it.
RIP, Ziyal.

This episode marks the death of Tora Ziyal (Melanie Smith) and the onset of Gul Dukat’s descent into madness, however, Ira Steven Behr maintains that Dukat was well on his way to madness long before Ziyal’s death’ “The difference between Dukat and someone like Sisko – it’s one of the ultimate differences of this show. A healthy human being like Sisko knows himself. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have limitations. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t make mistakes. But he knows himself. Dukat is a totally self-deluded person. He’s a deeply, deeply screwed up Cardassian who doesn’t understand his own motives. He loved Ziyal, but like the true sociopathic personality he is, he wasn’t above using her, or lying to her.”