Tuesday, 28 May 2013
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

"“I had no idea.”
“What?”
“He’s so much more handsome in person. Those eyes!”
“Kirk had quite the reputation as a ladies’ man.”
“Not him…Spock.”

SO EXCITED! t minus 4 minutes…

… and of course now my netflix is being wonky…

I think, as the Emissary of the Prophets, Sisko should be immune to temporal laws. :slight_smile:

Should I wait?

You’d think someone who prefers humans so much would have coffee, not raktajino.

Lilac? I’m allergic to lilacs. Worf would make me sneeze. :frowning:

The first Enterprise, huh? :rolleyes:

And I’m just now starting, 8 minutes after the hour…

Uh oh you wouldn’t do well in early May here. That said, we tell ourselves we’re the Lilac City, so :wink:

OK, I backed up to the end of the opening credits. Let me know when you’re there.

We know that temporal laws always work well :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve only learned that the hard way the last few years, when the mostly dead lilac bush in the back yard at work started blooming again. It’s what triggered my sinus infection about a month ago. :mad:

Credit music is just starting, thanks for waiting :slight_smile:

ANd here we’re at the end
17 temporal violations! the HORROR

[ul]
[li]One of the Temporal Investigations officers mentions that James T. Kirk has made “seventeen temporal violations”. Considering Kirk went back in time on at least seven separate occasions (TOS: “The Naked Time”, “Tomorrow is Yesterday”, “The City on the Edge of Forever”, “Assignment: Earth”, “All Our Yesterdays”, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and Star Trek Generations), seventeen violations seems reasonable, though the time travel in “Assignment: Earth” likely wouldn’t count as a violation as on that occasion Kirk was acting under orders from Starfleet.
[/li]Some obvious ones include, but are not limited to:
[ol]
[li]beaming aboard a 20th century Earth Air Force pilot (allegedly “erased”)
[/li][li]beaming aboard a 20th century guard (allegedly “erased”)
[/li][li]breaking into a military base in 1969 and getting caught (allegedly “erased”)
[/li][li]breaking into a military base in 1968 and getting caught, and beaming out risking being seen doing so
[/li][li]stealing clothes and clashing with law enforcement in 1930
[/li][li]beaming aboard two NYC policemen
[/li][li]helping to sabotage a rocket launch in 1968
[/li][li]being involuntarily transported into Sarpeidon’s past
[/li][li]giving information about transparent aluminum to the Plexicorp president (although this can be attributed more to Scotty than Kirk, and Scotty himself speculated that they were merely preserving history by providing the original inventor with the means to create it)
[/li][li]bringing two whales from the 20th century to save Earth from the cetacean probe
[/li][li]bringing back Gillian Taylor to the 23rd century
[/li][li]leaving Klingon technology on board the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) (Chekov throws his non-functioning phaser at his captors while trying to escape)
[/li][li]allowing Bones to cure a 20th century patient with 23rd century medicine
[/li][li]using a phaser and de-cloaking a Klingon Bird-of-Prey in the presence of 20th century natives
[/li][li]Temporal Investigations may not know about this, as McCoy may be unaware his phaser went missing and a homeless man killed himself with it
[/li][li]taking work, money, housing and food that others would otherwise have consumed
[/li][li]after Kirk saved the USS Enterprise-B from being destroyed in the Nexus, he was swept into the energy ribbon. Although from his point of view, Kirk was altering future events, he technically went into the past by agreeing to assist Captain Picard stop Soran. However, Picard altered past events by preventing the destruction of the Veridian System and the survivors of the USS Enterprise-D. Kirk would have known that by leaving the timeline, he would be assisting Picard alter the timeline by preventing the torpedo launch.
[/li][/ul]
[/ol]

This is how you pay homage to the past. Ahem, JJ.

I’m a doctor, not a historian!

… and women wore less

Rewrite the past, and you don’t have to pay homage. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or rather, you “rewrite it” and then can’t imaginatively get past what came before and instead become creatively bankrupt.

Yeah, turns out the further I get from the new film the less I like it.

But this! THIS IS GREAT.

Tribbles! hehehe!