Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 5x23 Blaze of Glory

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

“This wasn’t supposed to happen. We were winning. The Cardassian Empire was falling into chaos. The Maquis colonies were going to declare themselves an independent nation.”

I really like how Sisko cooks for them - great fusion cuisine!

if I may say so, sir… generally intoxicated. oh, Klingons :slight_smile:

I’m still not used to the new uniforms

Eddington is obnoxious

you never get past talking… oh, roomies. And that moment with Nog and Martok is nice.

Uh oh… Jem Hadar!

I like both the A and B plots, but they don’t really seem like they go together

I guess the Maquis storyline ends here, though…

Ira Steven Behr decided to end the Michael Eddington/Maquis story arc because he felt that there were too many open threads leading into the sixth season, and he wanted to get some closure on at least one of them. Behr explains, “We were just desperate to finish something off. We had to finish a thread. It was necessary. We just had so many things. So I told them, ‘We are going to end something and then not hear about it again’!” Indeed, Behr wanted to officially kill off every single member of the Maquis, but Rick Berman wouldn’t allow him to do this in case Voyager wanted to use them at some stage in the future.

I never did really get used to Eddington. He’s supposed to be this super-sharp guy, but he just strikes me as an arrogant dick. I suspect if he was real, he’d be pretty gullible. :slight_smile:

His “oh but I’m their leader and I wasn’t there for them!” schtick is particularly obnoxious in this episode