Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 30 July 2013
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

“You know the Rules of Acquisition?”
“I am a graduate of Starfleet Academy. I know many things.”

well that ceremony doesn’t bode well…

ceremonial candles are dangerous!!

oh right Nerys is still “pregnant”

Dax and Worf, adorable. Worf quoting the rules of acquisition to Dax to discourage her from borrowing money from Quark, adorable. Transporter problem? Not so adorable.

writer Bryan Fuller originally based it on the 1939 Agatha Christie novel And Then There Were None (also known as Ten Little Indians).

“we can’t go around fighting private wars.” Kira buys into the promise of the new regime, in her own way. :slight_smile:

I like that these are the same buddies from the Shakaar episode. Good continuity.

Nog’s got some mad listening skills.

creepy dude!

Of all the Deep Space Nine episodes Ronald D. Moore worked on, this is one of his favorites; “It really came across as I intended it, and in some ways, much better, a powerful, dark piece of television that ends in a really unexpected way.” Moore particularly likes the moral ambiguity of the debate between Kira and Silaran Prin. Of this scene, he comments, “both are right and both of them are wrong.” Moore was also very happy that the fact that Kira remains fundamentally Kira in the scene with Prin, that she doesn’t apologize and acknowledge her own guilt. According to Moore, “typically, when you get into a scene like this in television or even film, your heroine is confronted by the man from her past who’s been wronged by her in some way, and usually she’ll say ‘You know what? I feel bad, too. You’re right. I wish I didn’t have to do those things that I did. Can’t we all just get along?’ But that would have been so phony, especially in this situation. So I respect the fact that Kira looked at Prin and said ‘Screw you! You expect me to feel sorry for you? Fifteen million Bajorans died in the Occupation. You people were on our land, you didn’t belong there, and you were all guilty!’ I mean that’s pretty bold. You can’t say whether it’s right or wrong – it’s the stance of a terrorist. But it’s what I felt Kira absolutely believed at the core of her being.”

You weren’t even in the military? Yet you were still part of the occupying force duder. And now you’re murdering people…

light only shines in the darkness, and innocence is just an excuse for the guilty.

Damn, Kira. Damn.

That episode was… tense.