Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 4x23 To the Death

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 26 March 2013
10 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“Victory is life”

My Netflix is giving me some technical problems… I’ll post when I can get the episode to start

I just got here. I’ll hold until you’re ready.

Julian, first in his class in pediatrics? Huh.

Is that the mildly-alarming alarm noise?

I feel mildly alarmed, don’t you? :slight_smile:

It certaintly didn’t feel commensurate with, you know, actual danger. Except for those killed, missing, and wounded…

The dead don’t really react to danger anyway. Slackers.

It feels like we haven’t seen the Jem’Hadar in ages… whoops!

Weyoun!

baltar

I love Jeffrey Coombs. He’s just the right amount of slimy for this role. :stuck_out_tongue:

And also seems very not human at the same time. Well done!

I like the way they sort of “humanized” the Jem’Hadar. They seemed like such uninteresting faceless warriors at first.

“I’m not a God, and neither are the Founders. The sooner you realize that the better off you’ll be.” – Odo

Ziggurat is a fun word hehe

Of the character, Combs says, “Weyoun is the snake of the universe. He’s the smiling car salesman who’ll tell you anything to make you feel as if you’re the most important thing in his life just to get you to buy his product.”

Evidently this was to be his only episode but he did such a great job they brought him back next season!

I love Worf’s slow-motion fighting style. That would totally work against born & bred warriors. ツ

Agreed. Though they were never really as sympathetic as other “humanized” Federation enemies.

According to Robert Hewitt Wolfe, “To the Death” was written specifically to give the Jem’Hadar more depth; “our intention was to show that the more you learn about them, the less you want to be around them. If you meet the Borg on a one-on-one basis, they’re kind of cuddly, and when you get to know the Klingons, they’re not so scary anymore. But the Jem’Hadar, when you really get to know them, are damn scary guys.”

They will be awed by his awesomeness, blinded by the lack of speed

"How old are you?”
“I stopped counting at 300.”
“You don’t look it.”
“Thank you.” :smiley: