Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 4x17 Accession

It’s interesting, the d’jarra’s are a social structure that was understood by the Bajorans to be ordained by the Prophets… but as we learn later in the episode, well, that’s just not it, now, is it.

LOL I just had a flash that you are like Odo re: religion, and I’m more like Kira. Odd image!

“Who are you?”

Vorlon! :eek:

Kira, the artist. She’s ambitious, and has no aptitude! LOL

“a flock of flightless birds”

It’ll get even odder when I return to my bucket after this episode. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, Kira and Sisko. No replacing either of them!

That light behind Sisko’s head is an interesting set/frame choice.

Speaking of determinism, having the Prophets as deities sort of nullifies the concept, don’t you think? They exist without time, so the future

IS

the present to them. They know what we consider the future, so it’s not exactly predetermined but only appears so from our point of view.

Right - perspective. IIRC Sisko and they speak of that in the pilot.

Time for an Emissary-off!

I still like that the Prophets call him “the Sisko.”

Akorem’s totally a schismatic.
First, later, they have no meaning to us.

It’s still fascinating that Ben’s the Emissary of a religion in which he doesn’t believe. At least not yet-ish.

Why do you stay here?
Because I still have questions.

Excellent point.

haha nice job Keiko, “convince” Miles to go hang out with his bff. cute!

I enjoyed that one. Good times! Nice to watch with you, Badger. :slight_smile:

“The Prophets work in mysterious ways.” :slight_smile:

True. I’d forgotten that.

Fortunately it wasn’t a pants-off dance-off. :rolleyes:

I’m not familiar with that term. Explain?

It’s still fascinating that Ben’s the Emissary of a religion in which he doesn’t believe. At least not yet-ish.

Much like Jesus. He was a devout Jew. He probably wouldn’t have approved of pretty much anything done in his name.

Thanks for joining me. Good night.

A schismatic is a person who creates or incites schism in an organization or who is a member of a splinter group. I’ve generally heard it used (and use it) in religious contexts: for example, ACNA (Anglican Church in North America) is schismatic, and so are people who belong to it, because they’ve divided the church unjustly (from my particular perspective). Does that explain it?