Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 4x15 Sons of Mogh

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 22 January 2013
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

“For a long time I have tried to walk the line between the Empire and the Federation. I told myself I could live in either world – that it was my choice. But the truth is I can not go back to the Empire.”

Here we go!

I love Klingon episodes.

“I find using a large and intimidating weapon… often leads to overconfidence”"
HAHAHAHA Worf. Distracting him with her outfit? You are so out of it. LOL. Flirting time indeed

An intoxicated Klingon? Of course they’re looking for Worf.

Oh, Kurn.

“Always defending the Federation. Tell me, Worf, does Starfleet ever make mistakes? Even in their furniture?”
Kurn, stop being ridiculous.

You’d think the Klingon empire would figure out that Worf and the House of Mogh are unstoppable

Gowron, such an idiot. But hey, that’s Klingon politics for you.

The Klingon concept of honor here is… so Worf does the personally honorable thing and then “dishonors” his family? Strikes me as a bad way of things, when really the House of Mogh’s dishonor is only due to Gowron’s political whims. But if it makes them feel better about it to think about it in terms of honor/dishonor?

Another Klingon ship? meh.

Dax’s uniform there is cool.

I also like that she’s figuring out what Worf and Kurn are up to.

Sisko is angry, yo.

here we’ve found Sisko’s limit on inter-cultural tolerance.
Yeah, generally ritual murder’s not OK.

This brings up all sorts of questions about what the limits of cultural authenticity and tolerance are. But without the intervention of something like the Prime Directive, which we often see in stories that bring up these questions

mining a star system = war.

of course the Klingons would use them. Duh.

Oh, so surprising that the Klingons don’t want Worf and Kurn’s help, yet they need it. You’d think they would have picked up on that by now…

Good thing Kurn knew the anti-spy methods of the High Council

Kurn’s got Worf’s back.

Awwww, brothers.

Worf realizing that his “home culture” isn’t his anymore is kind of sad.

Consent of wiping his memory makes me very uncomfortable. WTF, Federation.

the whole “I have no family” bit is very sad.

And Worf must not be so unconnected to be able to set up a new family/life for Kurn.