Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 4x12 Paradise Lost

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 25 December 2012
11 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“If the Changelings want to destroy what we’ve built here, they’re going to have to do it themselves. We will not do it for them.”

I did put one of the concluding lines here as the quote.

I do think these episodes are still important given our (USian) decade+ War on Terror. But I am also cynical

the more you know, the more questions you have.

Jake still ends up having to chop stuff up for his granddad. LOL.

“use them” uh oh.

I sense a pattern: when there are special groups at the Academy, things go wrong

Sisko goes all command on Nog

oh evil starfleet, and its not even mirror universe

this is quite interesting in light of Ben’s actions later in the Dominion war

stupid Leyton. And Sisko sees the ooooooooooooooh crap

Sisko’s getting all sneaky with his Bajoran frequency

yeah Starfleet as a military dictatorship is a TERRIBLE idea

I like how DS9 makes it abundantly clear that Starfleet is indeed a military force, with all that implies.

While I don’t really care what Behr thinks, I share the sentiment:

Ira Steven Behr’s favorite line in this episode is “Paradise never seemed so well armed”. This line, and the title of the episode itself, recalls Sisko’s line in “The Maquis, Part II”, “it’s easy to be a saint in paradise”, thus continuing Behr’s examination of the core of Gene Roddenberry’s utopia.

I can’t help but see the parallels of deception to “In the Pale Moonlight,” which is one of my most favorite Star Trek episodes ever, but Sisko is in a more Leyton-esque position. But he definitely knows what he did was wrong, if necessary. the Emissary is not quite so morally pure by then.

That said, this confrontation with Leyton is great. I don’t care that they didn’t have enough money to do more effects, I like the story well enough as it is.

This “Starfleet won’t shoot on other Starfleet” is like the no Changeling has ever harmed another bit

Awwww Worf in command, I like it

The Redshirts have names in this one