Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 3x26 "The Adversary"

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
11 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“Dad, there’s something I’ve been wanting to say to you for a long time and now that I finally have the chance, I’m going to make it short and simple. Congratulations, Captain Sisko!”

Since I’m the only person watching… I’m going ahead and watching straight through. :slight_smile:

and now he’s a CAPTAIN. HA! Once a Captain, always a Captain :wink:

I love that Quark asks if Jake can have some of the champagne.

oh, Eddington…

That was a creepy exchange in the Jeffries Tube

Eddington’s projecting his own desires IMO, not everyone’s.

“I have a bad feeling about this.”
Indeed, Chief.

SHUT UP EDDINGTON SHUT UP

I know Eddington’s not the “bad guy” here but he just annoys me.

In the teaser for the episode Sisko is promoted to captain, however in the opening credits of the show he is still credited as “Commander Sisko”. This is the last episode to credit Sisko as a commander. It is also the last time Sisko is seen with hair.

Win some, lose some.

“No changeling has ever harmed another. I don’t want to be the first.”
oh, Odo. Odo, Odo, Odo.

Ronald D. Moore is a big fan of this episode because he considers it to be very un-Star Trek; “It really appealed to me on this sort of visceral John Wayne level. There’s a monster on the ship, it’s after us, and we’re gonna hunt it down and kill it. We’re not gonna negotiate with it, we’re not gonna worry about whether it’s sentient, we’re not gonna play any of the usual Star Trek games with it. It’s just, ‘Find and kill the monster.’ There was something very pure about that show.”

To be fair, though, the Changelings and the Dominion have already been set up as a danger to the Federation, so I’m not sure their sentience or willingness to negotiate are really at issue, either.

“The truth of it is, I don’t understand my people all that well.”
Poor Odo.

Drawing blood through clothing? Gross.

That was a nice play by Changeling-Bashir, “showing” Eddington is a “changeling”

Duelling Odos!

“I never wanted to harm you”
So true. Stupid Dominion.

And again, poor Odo. This will come back to bite him in the butt, so to speak.

And now… to season 2 of Voyager and in a few weeks, WORF!!!