Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 3x25 "Facets"

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
10 PM Eastern - 7 PM Pacific

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to borrow your bodies for a few hours.”

It’s been awhile since we’ve had any time with Jadzia :slight_smile:

Nog and Starfleet Academy… oh yes.

Quark’s question is good: what happens to YOUR consciousness? Couldn’t they do a holosuite program about it instead of actual people?

this must have been really fun for the actors to do

I’m somewhat uncomfortable with the idea that we’re supposed to be laughing at Quark embodying a motherly woman character. But I think it’s a great stretch for the actors.

Uh oh, Joran.

It annoys me that Joran (well and Curzon will too later) keeps refering to Jadzia as a “little girl.” so patronizing and obnoxious.

Rom is such a sweet father.

The scenes involving Sisko as Joran had to be shot twice because the producers were unhappy with the first set of dailies. The reason for this was they felt that Avery Brooks’ performance was too creepy. According to visual effects supervisor Gary Hutzel, Brooks spoke in an almost inaudible whisper that “literally sent shivers up your spine”.

that was nevertheless still creepy

I like Nog with his Dad. And Quark is even vaguely supportive in his self-interested kind of way.

The Odo-Curzon bit is kind of weird. Especially because I don’t see what Odo’s getting out of it.

I really do love Rom’s pride in Nog.

Root Beer is such an American drink. No one I know from outside the US likes it - my relatives all say it tastes terribly like cough medicine.