SPOILER Thread Game of Thrones Series Season 2

Game of Thrones 2x02: The Night Lands

Intro: Pyke

Kingsroad: Ohhh, I love seeing and hearing some Jaqen H’ghar

Yoren knows how to intimidate a man. lol
Arya and her loose tongue. :smiley:

I love how they translated the scene at the river from the book to the TV series.
King’s Landing: Like every scene with Tyrion is Lannister-Gold-Worth!
That Littlefinger/Ros scene was the only one I wasn’t that happy with in this episode.
But following was the very best one with Tyrion and Janos Slynt. I was giddy through all of it. I could watch it in a loop again and again and again. How Slynt’s smile is making way over anger to terror. :smiley:
Tyrion looks so satisfied when he orders Lord Slynt taken to the wall.

I might feel a drop of sympathy for Cersei in her scene with Tyrion.

Craster’s Keep: “We were having a serious discussion.” Dolorous Edd LOL
Gilly and Ghost…HELL YEAH!

Even though the scene is serious between Gilly, Sam and Jon, I find it hilarious. Scared Gilly
The sound design for the Others/White Walkers are making the blood in my veins freeze, though I would have been glad to see more of them here.
Red Waste: That scene is Dothraki was heartbreaking.
Iron Islands: I wouldn’t like to go over such small bridges between the parts of the Pyke Castle.
The Captain’s daughter was portrayed exactly as I imagined.
Looks like Theon won’t get a warm welcome at home.
This maritime Iron Island’s theme is so atmospheric!

Balon Greyjoy’s voice sounds uniquely great.
Dragonstone: I’m still not sure that the change of Matthos Seaworth will bring for the series.
Nice landscape. Nearly looks like the Iron Islands

If looks could kill.

In the first episode Carice van Houten didn’t convince me as Melisandre, but in this one…
So they changed it in the series so that Stannis has no daughter. I’m not too upset about this.
I hope it is not the ”son” she promises Stannis, which I fear to know.
They are doing it on the table. Yeah, they are.

Stannis sleeping with Melisandre? Part of me is utterly repulsed by the very idea.

What else would Melisandre want from Stannis…A simple priestess who only wants to get it on with the King of Westeros. :wink:

A quote I just found in A Dance with Dragons: “With Stannis gone, her bed saw little use.” IYKWIM

Who said that? What is the context? Better said - what page?

I loved the way the bridges bounced in the intro!

I was surprised that this came so soon. I liked the scene, but I expected it to be just a tad more amusing, when Gendry found out.

I was so psyched to see Hannah Murray be on the show in the last episode, I had no idea. And in my residual love of Skins S1-2 - kudos to these two being in GoT - I have this utterly nonsensical desire to see Gendry and Gilly be in a scene together, lol. Sam was adorable.

Also, CGI Ghost seemed less awkward looking than CGI Greywind.

I have to agree. I’m not really sure what the point of it was other than to show where Littlefinger’s loyalty lies - but if that were the case I think Littlefinger veered too much into the moustache twirling cartoony villain here; the scene lacked nuance. And as for Ros, I’m not sure if there was anything new that was gleaned from the scene for her, so I end up feeling like this is time that could’ve been spent on something else.

Tyrion and Varys, Tyrion and council, Tyrion and Janos, Tyrion and Bronn, Tyrion and Cersei. All awesome, as expected.

I had been waiting for this scene since I read it. [strike]Asha[/strike] Yara!<3 I sorta wished Theon looked a bit more embarrassed and humiliated though.

I on the other hand can’t wait. :smiley: That scene is going to end one of the eps, I tell ya.

Overall, very good, but wow, they are moving the stories along really quickly.

Ditto!

I agree as if we don’t know already that Littlefinger is only doing what he things is best for him without any regards how it may affect other people. And it was a tad too long.

Her features must have changed a lot if Theon couldn’t remember her from his childhood. Or he is so horny and wants to get it on with everyone. I wonder how they felt during that horse riding scene. :smiley:

I Know!! I’m also looking for that. But will Melisandre tell Stannis: “Stannis…shadow-son, he is your daddyo”. lol