Spartacus vs. Aragorn

Spartacus vs. Aragorn: Two fearless, great fighters with top-notch melee skills & leadership ability, both honorable men with a sense of strategy fit for a king.

Spartacus (as depicted in the eponymous Starz series by Steven S. DeKnight):

Champion of Capua, the Bringer of Rain. Thracian solider and affiliate of the Roman military. Betrayed, sold into slavery. Became a gladiator, soon a champion gladiator. Many tried to bring down the House of Batiatus, but only Spartacus succeeded.

Then he led a slave rebellion that vexed Rome, defeating many of the Empire’s armies. Great fighter in coliseum, melee, group fighting, battles. As leader of large forces, defeated Roman legions. Defeated Crixus, another Undefeated Champions of Capua, in fistfight. Went toe-to-toe against Undefeated Champion of Capua Gannicus until the fight was interrupted. Proficient with most styles of melee weapons, plus hand-to-hand combat. Died that others might live.

Aragorn (as depicted in Peter Jackson’s movies):

King of Arnor. Descendant of the first king of Númenor, Elros Tar-Minyatur; the twin brother of Elrond. Destined for greatness. Struck out on his own as a Ranger, taking the name Strider. Served in the armies of King Thengel of Rohan (King Théoden’s father) and of Steward Ecthelion II of Gondor (father of Denethor). Great fighter in melees, group fighting, battles. Proficient with bow & sword, probably safe to assume he’s capable with others.

Pretty much led The Fellowship of the Ring. Front & center of the de facto vanguard at the Battle of Helm’s Deep, stepping into the frontlines when others remained at the ramparts. Stared down The Dead Men of Dunharrow at the Haunted Mountain Dwimorberg. Led Gondor and Rohan against the Black Gate of Mordor. Married Arwen. Edit, thanks Omra: “Aragorn is a Númenórean, which in an of itself makes it almost unfair because of his long lifespan and regenerative abilities.”

The Scenario:

They seem evenly matched. But they’re at odds. I like to think they’d talk it out and join forces, but that’s not an option here. Maybe it’s a clash of their followers, and maybe it’s a solo fight. Regardless, it all comes down to a mano a mano deathmatch. Who wins?

Spartacus:

Throwin’ down:

//youtu.be/tBTLpq42i7E

//youtu.be/nIdlEsBCFgs

Speechifyin’:

//youtu.be/SYRGF0GWTD4

Aragorn:

Throwin’ down:

//youtu.be/sv7Wfbauj7g

//youtu.be/p4jz1yaGFms

Speechifyin’:

//youtu.be/ApUu1DA5HCs

Who you got?

Aside from any results, I’m going to bow low to Ferris for a BRILLIANTLY structured and organized DeathMatch “tale of the tape”. Would that we all had this degree of pride in presentation – like a sushi chef of the forum!

Joey, do you like movies about Gladiators?

//youtu.be/i800jcY1Q7A

You do realize that Aragorn summoned an Undead Army correct?

OB

Aragorn smokes him. Not even a contest, Aragorn’s been fighting longer than Spartacus has been alive

Are you kidding me? The winner is obviously Duncan Idaho.

It is documented : http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?9638-Fantasy-Sci-fi-Voting-Round-2-Helms-Deep&p=256019&viewfull=1#post256019

Aragorn is a Númenórean, which in an of itself makes it almost unfair because of his long lifespan and regenerative abilities. In fact Aragorn was 88 years old when he took the throne in ‘Return of the King’. and had served in the armies of both Rohan and Gondor for decades; and had many adventures before the LOTR books had even took place.

This vast experience in battle dwarfs (pardon the pun) Spartacus’s, and his arsenal of Elven weaponry also gives him an unfair advantage. And his wife is smoking’ hot too! Which gives him a real reason to live… IYKWIM. :smiley:

Not for nothing did I mention Arwen.

Aragorn=Metalica… Spartacus=WeezerOddball Style TM

//youtu.be/t_hXmy5FdPw

Spartacus ain’t no Weezer!!

I’m Spartacus!!

//youtu.be/u93bhAimFFU

[b]HA! All y’all Spartacus h8rz, that was a TEST, and you FAILED! They’re both cool enough that they DO join forces and drive all evil from the world! A REAL fighter doesn’t have to fight!

— A guy who’s all sour grapey about Spartacus being trounced
[/b]

//youtu.be/SqqGFoASs9s

OB

Simply because the double sword fighting style and Spartacus’ intensity, I’d say he’d beat the pants off Aragorn mano a mano.

Hey! Phrasing!!

//youtu.be/VS4QGEQaclk

OB

That’s what I’m sayin’: Aragorn ain’t regeneratin’ after no double-gladius-short-sword decapitation, I tell ya whut…

Bastard sword vs. yer double-gladius!

ARAGORN!!!

I cannot improve upon this answer.

Hmmm … I missed that sentient point … well played Omra, well played.

//youtu.be/aYrYRC2gJ9E

OB

P.S. Mrs. Oddball’s favorite scene btw.