Sorry for the Downtime

According to our hosting service, the few hours of intermittent downtime we experienced tonight was due to maintenance they were performing on the server. (Read: it was down. :()

Anyway, we’re sorry.

No problem.

I was safely curled up into a ball on the floor due to posting withdrawal.

It happens. I was somewhat connected to the fallout from that big server farm explosion a couple weeks ago. Fortunately the server my podcast efforts lives on was unaffected and is now leaving for an east coast hide-out.

There wasn’t a regulation sledgehammer nearby to clutch in anxious anticipation?

It seemed like a lot of stuff was down last night. I wonder if people were losing power.

Unacceptable Chuck! GWC must be available at all time for our amuement! So what shall it be sir? Cake? Or death?!

Can’t let this one pass…

IYKWIM!!

is anything up with the blog? can’t get on :frowning:

ETA: nevermind

This is just a quick note to let you know that GWC’s blog outage today is due to issues from our (blog) hosting service. They’ve apparently lost dozens of servers as we’ve been down for over 8 hours now. They are responding, so I imagine we will indeed come back up soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Doh! Blockage of bloggage!

And a thousand spammers weep.

Aren’t the doctors saying now that, by drinking a bottle of red wine every day you can reduce the blockages in your bloggage? :eek:

Doh! No podcast for me! :mad:

Yes, by installing mod_bran_and_asparagus into Apache, chance of bloggage blockage can be greatly reduced.

If that were all it takes, I’d totally have it covered.

It’s obvious the solution is to pour bottles of red wine directly into the servers!

Why can’t blue screens look like this?

What’s the etiquette when a girl is wearing a t-shirt that has words written across the chest? Can I read? Do I have to be sneaky about it, can I just blatantly read?

I don’t know about etiquette. I’m reading, even if I have to ask her to stop. I am a slow reader afterall. She made a conscious decision to wear a shirt with writing. It’s fair game. Besides in my book, if you’re sneaky about it you look sleazy. I’m for the forward approach. I have hand prints on my face to prove it.

Did the forum also go down for anyone else? I got server timeout around 7AM EDT.

if she has a complex set of pictures, or many words(more than 5) u have @least 5minutes to “take it all in” …

no problems getn into the forum, but i cant get to the podcast site