Something for Camping

So I own a Kindle…no no don’t stone me I love owning books but when I go on vacation I can go through several books and packing them all sucks so a Kindle just makes more sense.

Anyway I am going camping this weekend and I need to start a new book on my kindle. I have been looking at a few but nothing has really caught my interest enough to buy but time is running out.

I have been looking at starting Stephen Kings The Gunslinger but alot of people have told me that the first book is hard to get through I am not sure that would be good for a camping trip or not. I have also been looking at Jennifer Fallon books or Katie Elliot.

Anyway I need some suggestions before Friday.

I highly recommend the Miles Vorkosigan books by Lois McMaster Bujold. They’re like beach reading for sci-fi nerds. I think they’d be perfect for a camping trip. You can start either with The Warrior’s Apprentice, the first book about Miles, or with Shards of Honor, the first of two books about Miles’ parents.

Oh :frowning: I looked that up on Kindle and it only has the audible book. I would rather read then listen to a book while camping. I will keep that in mind though.

Have you read A Game of Thrones yet?

No I have not read that and everyone has been suggesting it to me. My problem is I do not want to start another series that is not finished. I hate…Hate being left hanging. So I will just wait until he finishes.

I’m really digging "Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences " by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris. More than halfway though, figure I’ll be done in a couple days (don’t get as much time to read as I used too! :frowning: )

Fun steampunk adventure, 1800’s Victorian England, fun gadgets, and I really dig the two main characters interaction with each other. Worth a look I’d say! Good luck!

Have you read the Old Man’s War series of books? They are wonderful books; good mix of humor poignant moments. Plus it’s a complete series so you won’t have the GoT waiting thing. :slight_smile: