SoCal Avengers Meetup

Sort of late notice, but some of us have been talking about getting together somewhere between LA & SD. Sunday, May 6 is the date we’re looking at, as Albatross & Jimeni thot they’d a better chance of escaping their employer’s clutches :slight_smile: We were also thinking that we’d do an early show and have lunch afterward.

Edwards Temecula Stadium 15
40750 Winchester Road
Temecula, CA 92591

is just off the 15 and about halfway between us and bkitty. There are a plethora of places to feed our faces and geek out over the movie (or anything else we care to) afterward. Showtimes for Sunday are not yet posted, but on Friday the 4th, they have screenings at

9:15, 12:30, and 3:45 (3D IMAX)
9:45, 1:00, and 4:15 (real3D)
10:15, 1:30, and 4:45 (2D)

Topgun and I were thinking to do the whole nine yards and have the 3D IMAX experience. Anybody violently opposed?

As for lunch, I’ll investigate possibilities, but if anybody has someplace in mind or would like to advocate for a particular type of establishment, feel free to do so here!

I’ll be there. :smiley:

Yeah!!! :slight_smile:

How early were you thinking? 12:30 wouldn’t not too hard us nightcrawlers. I’m game for the 3D IMAX…although I’ll be packing advil for the headache sure to come afterwords…

The hub and I are up for the earlier showings, so count us in! 1230 is fine- I’ll bring my earplugs for the 3D earbleed experience!

Can’t wait to meet up with mah Westies!!

And the hub and I are omnivores! We’re easy!

See? This is already gonna be a frakking awesome day. :slight_smile: Jim and Amanda, we can pick you up on the way if you’d like. :slight_smile:

AVENGERS !!! RAAAAAAWK!

Once we figure out the show time, were you thinking of ordering the tickets online?

Sorry, I can’t join you there, but wish you a lot of fun.

I also found a group of 5 friends, but I guess our mood won’t reach your Ossimness when we watch it on Friday April 27th. :slight_smile:

That’s what I planned. That date doesn’t show up yet. Doug called, and tickets should be available Tuesday.

btw, 12:30 is good for us too :slight_smile:

So I’ve been looking at restaurants close by, and there are a couple of standouts.

Pamir Kabob House

Aiyara Thai Cuisine

then just across the highway

Mantra Indian Cuisine

Casa de Lucy (no website, but several good reviews on yelp)

Glad you’re able to round up a bunch of friends to see it with! And Friday…now I’m jealous. I wonder what airfare to Europe costs? :wink:

Bump
OK Avengers. The plan is to meet at the Edwards Stadium 15 in Temecula, on May 6th. Tickets for the May 6th show at 12:30 (IMAX 3D) go on sale online this Tuesday, and I would suggest buying early! After the show, and after we catch our breath, there are several seemingly truly awesome restaurants very close by, where we can eat, talk, pray, and love. If you’re going to attend, please RSVP here or with Lady D or I on Twitter, just so we have a rough idea of how many people are coming. This will be fun, there is no doubt.

Yay! Can’t wait! Albatross and I are going, but I think you already knew that. :wink:

Yeah, depends how much you would wager to see it earlier than in the States. lol

Just ordered tickets! squee

Sunday, May 6, 12:45 IMAX 3D

See you then!!

Yay! Can’t wait. :smiley: we have our tickets too. :slight_smile:

Suh. Weet! Will you be riding down with us, sir?

ps: I’ll bring extra Advil for Amanda. :slight_smile:

Yeah… I think so, if you’re still good with that. :slight_smile:

And Advil’s probably a good thing to keep handy. I’ve never actually seen a 3D movie at all.

Cool, we’ll get back with you for actual pickup time :slight_smile: 3D is fun! And in IMAX? We might as well just do mushrooms and Acid! LOL. No, not that bad, it takes a few moments to get used to, but it’s really neat if done well, and I have to assume this one will be done well. :slight_smile: