So I just got done watching Atlantis for the first time.

Ok, so SG1, Atlantis, and Universe are on netflix. I checked them out as I was traveling. I LOVE atlantis. I think that I really do love that show better than the last six seasons of SG1. I know that is has problems…but I think that at the time that Atlantis was airing…the Atlantis episodes were better than what I was seeing in SG1. ( yes I watched them in order of air date…switching between the two.)

I really really liked this show.

My cons…

Really just the “all over the place” nature of the casting. I didn’t like doctor what’s her name…or almost any of the first season case. I LOVED the cuts and additions that were made latter. I liked Samanthat Carter on Atlantis MUCH better than I ever liked her on SG1. ( Since I didn’t grow up with the show I hace no loyalty extending years.) She was “too smart” on SG1. A person with her “star Trek” level of knowledge DOES work on the level of Atlalntis’s commander.

Also…I loved Mcay in SG1 so his addition to atlantis was great to me. When I got to the Finale…I was much more sad and left wanting with the finale of Atlantis than the SG1 finale.

Also… wraith are a much better villian than the Gould.

Hated the replicators and would like to have seen the “evil” Asgard play out. Love this show.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Atlantis is better than the SG1 that was airing at the time, and the best of Atlantis is better than the best of SG1, though there’s a lot of SG1 that was better than the average Atlantis episode.

Other than Ford (who was kind of just there) I liked the original Season 1 crew. I took a while to warm up to Ronin but by the end of the series I thought he was great. But the best character moments were McKay and Shepard. Unlike on SG1, where everybody respected each other and occasionally tried to hang out on their off hours, Rodney and John were actually FRIENDS.

I’m in the middle of a rewatch of the entire series. I’m somewhere in season 9 of SG1 and season 2 of Atlantis, and I’m loving it just as much as I did the first time.

I like the fact that Ronon is just a bad ass dude. He isn’t a Klingon with some warrior honor thing and he isn’t Teal’Q. He’s just a guy that can kill folks.

I actually started the epiosde with Ronnin and Teal’Q hateing it, but they won me over quickly.