Sliders??

Now that Season five is on Netflix and I’ve been watching the episodes one at a time again…I kinda realize how underrated and GOOD this show really was (another show FOX cut the cord on too soon and then Sci Fi fumbled MASSIVELY with when they got it, then got hosed by O’Connell leaving which really did rip the heart out of the show, though as I’ve been watching them, even with goofy psuedo-Mallory there, it felt like the show got back to what it really was in the beginning and I suggest a re-watch if you can)

To me the biggest FAILs in the show were:
Kro-maggs… I got the point of needing bad guys who could slide too, but it just seemed to kill the flow of the series and it never felt like it worked, ya know?
Losing the Mallory’s and replacing with Quinn 2.0 and Diana who felt like to me they joined the show like a newly made D&D character joins the party… “care to join us on a noble quest??” …“SURE!!” and all is forgotten that they are total strangers!

Anyone else??

I remember enjoying Sliders, but all the details about the show are pretty fuzzy. I guess this means it’s time for a rewatch.

Just finished a re-watch on this. I agree that once the initial actors jumped ship and the Kromags were introduced, it went downhill fast. Season 5 was just painful!

The first three seasons were very light hearted and fun…show did take a hit when the Professor bailed, and I wish they had kept the guy from the Who (I think it was Roger Daltry) as the bad guy at that point, them chasing him was fun stuff

I found the first half of season five to be alright so far once they got past the awful re-write of having to bring in the Robert Floyd “Quinn”…which I did on the re-watch (I kinda gave it the Jar Jar treatment and ignored the reason and watched the episodes which felt a bit like season one and two of "let’s see what wacky world we stop on this week)…it’s funny that the only guy who goes end to end on the show was “dragged in by accident” to me…

What didn’t you like about season five? I’m curious because I find myself for the most enjoying iy

I just couldn’t handle all the new characters and just kept feeling that I wanted the original cast back.

I did find myself missing the real Quinn too I admit…Maggie was a more grown up upgrade to Wade so I was ok with that…Colin annoyed me, so I was kinda glad he was gone…I do miss the Professor…him and Billy from BSG everytime I re-watch those series I always sigh and feel a lil sad knowing their end is coming and how it happens…

just cause i happen to have my two cents handy…

I actually enjoyed sliders start to finish… yes i liked some of it better and it did try to hard at times…but i was always entertained… and that’s all i ask of my shows.

Kinda, the same as SG-1, I enjoyed the entire run… i liked some seasons and story’s better then others, but entertained all the way through…

unlike - Hero’s…that got old and tired and unwatchable very fast…

side note -
anyone watch the Fades on BBCA?

I enjoyed Sliders but never followed too closely. I liked how it was light hearted and was more about the concept than the execution. Its on my list of things to watch but that’s a fairly long list. One day I’ll go back and see it all the way through though.

I watched the series when it first aired. At first I really liked the concept then they added the Kro-maggs. I liked the idea but felt they were not handled properly. A good organised villain should be more, for lack of a better description, like Nazis. Powerfull, organised with a long term plan, but they lacked the personality and pizzaz to pull it off. The Kro were way too uninteresting. The next blow was when the professor left. That removed the stabilizing anchor of the group. Then it went down hill and I stopped when it switched to Syfy which I didn’t get.

I keep wondering with the acknowledgement of the Kro-maggs being a FAIL…what could have been done to make an opponent a bit more interesting…

Maybe having them chased by some inter-dimensional police force could have worked…one of those universes had to have some kinda laws against what they did…as inadvertent as what they did was, they sure raised some hell and changed alotta lives on alotta worlds…

It’s a shame this show would likely never be re-imagined…it had much potential that was never realized…

It can be said that it IS a re-imagining of Time Tunnel.

Never heard of this…do tell…

It’s amazing the more shows I watch that Sci-Fi Canceled, the more peeved I am at how they let the show just rot without a real ending…this was no exception, the finale was so WTF!!!

(I’m still raging about ABC canning V last year too…but that’s a different rant…)

Time Tunnel is about two scientists that invent a time machine, upon first use they are trapped in time, trying to get home. each week the Tunnel transports them to a new place. they can’t control when or where they jump to next, but maybe the next one will be home…
Series ran 1966 - 1967…
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060036/

hrrrmmm, interesting…I might have to try to find and Netflix this (fitting timing since I just finished Sliders Season 5 and need to wash that non-ending’s taste out of my mouth)