Siege weapons, Trojan Bunnies and Dwarf Tossing

I’m not sure I understand what a French castle is doing here in England in first place?

The rabbit is, indeed, a fearsome siege weapon. However, beware that the rabbit, once captured by the enemy, can be used against you as a projectile point defense weapon.

That’s absurd. Why wouldn’t it be babies? What else are you going to do with them? Feed them and give them names? :rolleyes:

You could also build up real big, so that you can launch bigger stuff. Tossing a cow over the castle wall, for example. Possibilities are endless.

Or plague victims.

But if we used the chickens, we couldn’t fry them.

Now y’all done it. With trebuchets and large wooden rabbits and throwing babies. By the morning, mark my words, Solai would have moved this to a new thread probably called…hmmm…Trebuchets, Wooden Rabbits, and Flaming Babies Oh my!

In all fairness, the smooth hairless surface of a baby’s skin has much lower coefficient of drag than a furry cat or feathery chicken. I have just confirmed this by putting a baby in a wind tunnel. Not only do I demonstrate this important scientific observation using this baby, I also get paid for baby sitting. (Thank you, unsuspecting parents.)

You don’t have to feed them. Babies don’t need food. A baby absorbs its necessary life energy from another baby after he vanquishes him in a sword fight to death. There can be only one.

At least we haven’t put babies on spikes. Yet.

Of course, you’ve got make sure the soft spot doesn’t catch the wind…

You don’t have to feed them. Babies don’t need food. A baby absorbs its necessary life energy from another baby after he vanquishes him in a sword fight to death. There can be only one.

With enough fire and trebuchets, there will only be one. :smiley:

I humbly await his judgment. You cannot let fear of Solai dissuade you from participating in such an epic thread drift. Especially when it involves siege weapons, trojan bunnies, and projectile infants.

If anything, Solai has encouraged us by participating. Or his lack of discouragement will be interpreted as encouragement:D

Solai can encourage us into a thread drift and then blame us for it. Solai is law unto himself, and we are merely his subjects. Resistance is futile.

There are two options:

1. This conversation will run its course. When it has it will be moved into its own thread.

2. If the conversation continues for a page or so, it will be moved while it is still going on.

There is a fine line between moderation and squashing interesting discussions. Either way, stay true to GWC: have fun, relax, be civil and enjoy each other’s company.

EDIT: as the main participants have gone to bed…I’ll move it now.

Well, if we build ourselves a large, wooden badger…

May I suggest a “Baby Trebuchet” thread, under geek hobbies?

That’s no good… RMHPH will stand next to it, just poking it with a spoon all day long. He’d never get any sleep.

Oh well. Then just go and change your armor!

What if we send a regiment of Scottish Highlanders around to the left flank to create a diversion?

They’d turn on each other
“There can be only one!”

Where was this thread originally?

Here’s Lookin at You GWC
I posted a picture of me with my trebuchet, and things drifted from there

If you want to replicate ArkansasEngineeringGirl’s magnificent feats (albeit at a much smaller scale) in order to annoy and harass your cubicle mates, here’s a “Desktop Siege Warfare Kit”. Your choice of either Desktop Trebuchet or Desktop Ballista, for $29.95:

(From Firebox Store)